Why does no one speak English in Toronto?

man I have met way too many god dam immigrants that don't even know wtf how are you doing means. mostly they are of asiasian decent, but I've meet them in all cultures. Why does Canada continue to let these people into the country. I hope its not just cause they have balling parents. Note: I can understand you don't speak great English but when I come in your store with a English sign you better speak la ittle.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because Canada is way too goddamn liberal to control the immigration system.

What Girls Said 3

• The reason they let immigrants into the country is because they have an aging population and not enough tax payers to support the aged. Also immigrants are hand selected so they usually are pretty smart. My dad was an immigrant as was the rest of my family and every friend my father has every chinese immigrant friend my father has ever had was either a professor or doctor in china. Also my dad and 2 of my uncles and 2 of my grandparents were professors as well and all of us made it into Canada. I had one relative that was merely an accountant married to a real estate CEO and she was not allowed to immigrate here.

• nice, my dad went to America under a scholarship for Yale to pursue a Ph. D in Chemistry.

• Your own English is painful to read.

• *Asian

Maybe make sure you can speak the language too before you complain about immigrants.

What Guys Said 4

• So you are the only one speaking English in Toronto... right?

I can't be sure but what I hear from my Canadian friend is that Canada really needs more Canadians. Maybe they are therefore not so strict about immigration when it comes to language. I'm not Canadian so I could be wrong.

by the way, if they own a store they might speak better English than you think.

• You make a good point. Canadia does need more people.

lol I know most of the people do speak English well. Actually they don't speak English or pretend they don't. It's rather frustrating when I'm in Korean Town and go to a convenient store asking to buy some water, and they don't even know what the hell I'm talking about.

• English is passe

• yep... and your white arse ancestors didn't emigrate? haah.. fool.

• Successful countries in the free world take in the best immigrants this lowers the ordinary workers wage. Its very short term thinking by goverments and only benefits corporations. What the wrst needs to do is to stop immigration, encourage young couples to have large families which are subsidised by government as a reward. Then they need to educate the children and train them up to fill any skill shortage the country might have. A country with a low birth rate and aging population is doomed. But thats 50 years of feminism at work.