Do you think marriage is pointless?

Most Helpful Girl

• Marriage in my opinion has lost its original meaning since it's reversible and breakable. Nowadays I think it's more about the two parties giving legal rights to one and another. I don't want to get into traps nor I want to steal any man's money or so. So what else reasons I should marry someone?

What Guys Said 15

• in my opinion, unless both people specifically want to start a family, there is no point in getting married.

in my opinion, marriages should be 5 year contracts that automatically expire if not renewed. It would keep both parties a lot more honest.

• For men? Yes.

Do you want to spend your time with a girl? Sleep with her? Live with her? Have children with her?

You don't need to legally marry a woman for that, and legally marrying a girl merely means that if you split or she cheats on you and dumps you, she gets half your stuff and alimony.

Meanwhile, if you avoid any common law marriage or legal marriage, and have a family together, she knows that if she cheats or becomes a bitch or whatever, no alimony, she doesn't get half of your stuff, etc. You keep your strong hand in the relationship!

• What if a woman didn't want alimony and those stuff? I see so many men are negative about marriage and that makes me sad and shits on my mood.

• If you don't legally wed, you can still end up cheated on or dumped, paying child support for kids you barely get to see.

But that alimony risk? It'll be gone. That risk of her getting half of everything, even if you paid for most of it? Gone.

Not legally wedding helps neutralize that risk. It keeps things on an even foot.

Women have literally priced themselves out of marriage... there's no reason to pay that cost anymore. Literally, none.

• Hmm well seeing from this point of view i don't believe in government bullshit too. Legal just means that you're connected with some bullshit laws that you don't know who conducted them. well, fuck the government. I don't mean marriage in a very legal sense I mean it as more of a relationship that stands for a lifetime and is based on love and commitment. If that is the goal then you can do something to be recognized by the shitty country too without anyone being able to take advantage of anything. Like before getting legally married you accept things and put some rules that you both made together.

Yeah i believe in something like that. bullshit free. not connected to laws that are forced by the State or any bullshit like that.

• To an extent.

I believe it's silly because if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you could just, you know, tell them. Why would you need confirmation in the form of some autographs on a piece of paper?

On the other hand there's the law and financial security - you are simply a stronger entity when you are two people committed to eachother.

Also the party is awesome.

• Well it's good for you know.. NOT BURNING IN HELLFIRE FOR ALL OF ETERNITY!

www.troll.me/.../...-will-burn-in-hell-forever.jpg

• For me it is. Honestly really thinking about it has made me think it's the most unromantic thing two people can do. Every bond that involves love trust and respect for each other is made without marriage. The only bonds that marriage tacks on are the legal and financial ones. Not very romantic...

But I don't say this in person because a lot of people just get foaming at the mouth angry at me and sometimes look like they're going to attack me.

• Marriage has lost its true meaning today especially in the western world, where hook up n break up is common, that's why marriage is nothing for them.

Marriage means mutual trust, mutual respect, patience, dedication etc. Which sex free society will never ever understand..!

• To me marriage is just a piece a paper - You can cohabit and have kids without it

• personally yeah, coz it's just an official thing.
    u can b together even if u don't marry

• Marriage is good. Is rewarding if both people are good.

• The idea of it no. The actual act of having a huge ass ceremony sayin I do in front of everyone I think it ridiculous

• I don't believe in marriage so...

• im 50/50 on marriage. It's too much like a business contract

• Not at all. I value marriage greatly

• nope. no at all! marriage is durable relationship...

• no ı m not. I'll be in love. After I got married :))

What Girls Said 9

• No, I don't think it's pointless at all. It depends on the individual person though and how they feel about the concept of marriage as a whole. For me, it's a very special bond between two people who love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. Also, while I consider marriage to mostly be a religious thing, no one can deny the legal benefits that comes with it as well.

• It has its benefits and it all depends who you marry and how good a marital partner they are for you. I think if both people in a marriage are good then the marriage can go very well but if one is bad, the marriage can go sour.

• It was always pointless for me... I would never spend a lot of money just for one day and then after some time, I would get divorced. It never made sense for me.
    Plus, I don't think that two people who love each other, need to get married. There are couples who have strong relationships and who have been together for a long time and they never got married.

• Not pointless, just obsolete.

• no it is not

• No it's just overtime the meaning has become useless

• i do! so many responsibilities that i can't take and the fact that you are kind of limiting your freedom with marriage is dumb but like it's my opinion.

• Yes! I don't see the point in it.

• No. It is very important. If you are married - get married for the right reasons and love them forever. Then you get married it is for me a union of hearts not shared assets. I like the romance of marriage and the concept of it but I do not like the legalities of marriage and you have to file a legal reason for divorce so it might end up being a situation you do not want to be in. I personally not a fan of joint bank accounts or ownership of assets. You would take money out of your mothers bank account? To me its stealing.