Christian Answers Only: Can you pray for something that involves a "breakup?"?

the guy i am in love with is dating someone else, it's not serious and has not been for that long...

i told him how i felt and he basically said he did not feel the same way and was sorry. I am trying to pray to the Lord to change his feelings towards me because we are both Catholic and get along well. I feel like it is meant to be and I have never felt this way before. I would be a good woman to him, and have known him for awhile. I'm praying that God sends her a different man that she connects with better since it is not serious...

is this something God would likely answer?

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd say a slut is some1 who perpously wears as little as possible and aims to have sex at the end of the nigth with a total stranger plus I'd say a slut is some1 who puts it all out their and deliberatly does things to make strangers look and stuff and sleep with strangers and also a slut pretty much I think will get with ny1 ? all they really care about is how they look and about getting laid. Sluts are pretty much easy.

I'd say they are abit like slags but then an ex friend of mine I would call her more of a slag than a slut because when she's drunk if she's left with a guy she will sleep with him and always uses the excuse 'she couldn't say no' and will pretty much get with any guy when drunk and they have no self respect for them selves really (I have got to point out again I think self respect is one of the key points of sluts and slags and all that lot) they have no care for who the sleep with and if it was special or not, again my ex friend I have to say is a major slag because she will go to a party and have a tantrum if there's no1 there for her to get off with (sad really) she doesn't even care if she doesn't find them atractive or like them and also she slept with a friends boyfriend 3 times in 1 night again a very slaggy thing to do aspecialy knowing he wasn't single and yet again her excuse was she couldn't say no what is stupid because she had more reason to say no because he isn't single. Sorry for this long reply lol but I think that's what sluts and slags are (I know you didn't ask what a slag was) lol

What Guys Said 2

• Only if it's CLEARLY obvious that the girl is wrong for him, not just because you want him for yourself.

Just pray for God to lead you to the right man for you, whether it's this guy or someone else.

• You can pretty much pray for anything, but I don't know whether it'll come true or not

What Girls Said 5

• The bible says seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and ALL these things shall be added unto you which means you should be getting involved in the service industry to get closer to God. I know many ugly and unattractive men who did this and they ended up with very attractive woman. I know many unattractive woman who did this and they ended up with very attractive men.

• I think anything is possible for God. But what you're asking is a bit selfish. You want him to love you because you think you deserve him more than the other girl. Yes, only God can change the heart of man. But man has free will too. And there's fate to take into account as well. Try viewing this at a different angle. Take this as a time for reflection, and know that everything is exactly how it's meant to be. Don't worry, the Lord only wants the best for you. And if you can't get him, God has something better. Do not force yourself and be like "no, I only want him". When you won't get him you will be disappointed in the creed of God. Be happy with how your life is now, and that you are young and have so many wonder people to meet and experience to have :)

• I never said I deserved him more than her. I have known him a lot longer and I think I could be a really good match for him. That's why I'm saying, I would pray for God to send her someone she decides she likes better so she can be happy too. For some reason I feel in my heart that it is right and this is the man I am supposed to be with, but I guess it could just be wishful thinking too. I've never felt this way before so...

• Well I'm not going to contact him again. I'm praying that he will contact me and reach out. I know it is a bit selfish, but I could imagine every girl in my situation would feel this way.

• Yes they definitely would! I've been in the same spot as you and I know what you're going through. It's just a natural process you have to go through I suppose since you liked him a lot. You are strong though, and you will love someone one day whose going to love you back and that will be the best feeling :)

• I've been there and done that with my ex. You need to accept that he doesn't feel that way and move on and live your life without depending on his love to survive. As you said you're Catholic so if it was meant to be, god will make it happen. Just play your part in life and follow your gut, but don't expect much out of others more than yourself. Be your own reason to live!

• Just probably prayer for urself to find love in the right time with the right guy and i think thats all. Because he might not b the one for u

• God doesn't work like a genie. It all depends on the guy here, if God wants you to end up with this guy then he will. If he doesn't that just means he has someone better for you.