Do you ever believe humanity will be able to create a synthetic human brain?

Basically an AI that can think, act, talk, and feel like an actual human being without being human.

I'm watching the show Humans and this question just came to mind XD!

Most Helpful Guy

• That's definitely going to happen, provided we don't destroy ourselves within the next 40 years or so.
    It is theorized that we should be able to create Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) by the year 2029.
    AGI, is basically AI that has all the capabilities of a human. It's able to perform any given human task as well as, if not slightly better than a human being.
    By the year 2045 we think that we might be able to reach technological singularity by creating ASI (Artificial supreme Intelligence), think Ultron. This is essentially a god-like being. Capabilities ranging from being slightly smarter than us, to millions of times smarter than us. This is what Stephen Hawking and Bill Gates are worried about. If we reach to ASI, we don't know if we can feasible have any control over it.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm watching Humans too! I love it so much! When I read this question the series came to mind :) I think in the future yes there will be :)

• yeah one day!

• I guess so but at a certain point is not a human anymore. More robot than anything

• No I dont. Our brains are just way too complicated

• I hope not. Have you seen the movie 'Ex Machina'?

• Yeah lol

• Aren't you afraid of the concept then?

• Not really, it's just a movie you can't take everything in them seriously

• Probably. I mean, we're doing things now that people could scarcely even conceive of a 100 years ago, so anything's possible.

What Guys Said 8

• i wish it would happen... i'd like 2 throw away this shitty human brain i have and think like a robot instead... sometimes i really wish i could... coz i get so fuckin emotional over things bout my past and it's a pain in da ass

• One day, in the future. Mankind has already developed synthetic hearts and lungs that actually work, so who says we can't do the same with the brain?

I know for a fact that basement dwellers and Redditers everywhere would collectively tip their fedoras when that day comes lol

• The thing about the brain is that it's so advanced in the sense that it can do so much.

In other words it's like a really advanced super computer.

• And just like a super computer, mankind will one day be able to develop and program a brain like one. Personalities and mannerisms are largely genetic, so the synthetic brain could be given a personality based off of 2 subjects.

I highly doubt it would happen in our lifetime though, but maybe 100 years from now it'll be possible.

• I think it will happen

• I think they can come close but not completely , there will always be the question on what is considered being alive

• Well the other thing is we're not even positive if we are at the pinnacle of understanding our brain since we barely use any of it.

• Some more than others it seems, lol. Watch the movie "Short Circuit" from the 80's , it's a comedy but the robot thinks on his own and has emotions after a lightning strike, they come up with some questions to ask him if he is just acting like a robot or a person

• Not in my lifetime.

• Maybe, but not any time soon at least not in our lifetime.

• Yes, scientists were asked this and the average estimate for it occurring is 2040

• god I hope not, every movie has shown that doing that always goes wrong