Why politicians wear suits?

If a politician doesn’t like suits is he forced 2 wear ‘em?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure why professionals were suits in general. Its quite uncomfortable. I wish I could go to work in jeans and turtleneck everyday, not just Friday.

What Girls Said 6

• His P. R person would definitely put pressure on him to do so.

• Probably. It's supposed to make them look trustworthy but it ends up making them look slimier.

• I would laugh if they wore sweat clothes

• Because suits look professional

• Its being professional

• No, politicians just want to look classy and their best.

What Guys Said 6

• Because the suit didn't change as the standard item of male formal clothing for about 35 years and now it's been the formal item for so long that everyone tries to emulate it, and is frightened of doing anything which is too far from the basic look for fear of being thought unproffessional or rebelious. Hence proffesional types and people who want to pretend to be respectable (like politicians and used car salesmen) wear them to this day... its now been around for well over 100 years... that's pretty pathetic.

• In UK and Irish politics we had a few rebels who won't wear ties - One of our current independent members of parliament on Ireland dresses like this
    cdn2.independent.ie/.../Mick%20Wallace1.JPG
    Back to the question why I suppose to look professional like bankers, accountants and doctors etc.

• Because the suit makes the man and man makes the suit, together they compliment each other lol.

Honestly it's to look professional, powerful and because a good suit makes you feel good, I know I feel like a million bucks whenever I put on my suit.

• Looks "professional". Unnecessary I think. Same guy same brain in any clothes.

• it looks proffesional