Do you have a fear of drowning?

now that summer is here all I hear on the news is someone drowedn in a pool or at a river.

I guess on a daily basis at least one person dies each day due to drowning.

Most Helpful Guy

• I learned scuba diving and I was an instructor at sailing camps.
    Learn three basic points:
    *-a human body is 80% water like density, thus it will foat, just under the surface. Divers *need to be weighted with lead or have problems staying under. We *needed* to use belts like this one to stay under water:

http://ukdiving.co.uk/classified_img/10144.jpg

*-moving water and rocks can hurt you seriously.

*- in very old water the cold shock can cause loss of consciousness : boatingbasicsonline.com/content/general/8_5.htm

• Edit very *cold water*

Panic is your worst enemy, in the water too. I know I'll not drown, unless I fall in the Arctic Sea. Of course, people swimming in the sea can lose they boat or be floating too far from it if carried away by some stream.
      Stupidity is an enemy.

What Guys Said 5

• It isn't a phobia I have, but it is something I try to be careful about if I go swimming.

• Nah. I've been going to the beach since I was born, I'm not scared of the water and of drowning, I actually prefer to go to the beach when there's lots of waves. I would even go to the beach if there was red flag hahaha

• Yeah but for me it's more likely fear of drowning in ocean's deep waters. The depths of oceans freaks me out.

• Naw I'm not scared its a shame though that little kids drown everyday

• Yes. But I know how to swim, so it's a slim chance.

• If you know how to swim, nothing will happen in small calm waters. But a stream can take you 5 miles away, at some places. And a wave can knock your head against solid rock. And panic can make one do dumb things. Etc.

• That's fine, I don't swim in the ocean anyways.

What Girls Said 6

• I swim 120 laps daily, always while wearing a nose clip.

When I am super stressed, I get sudden panic attacks in the pool and
    have to go sit in the steam room for 30 minutes b4 I return.

Sometimes I can't return, so have to go home.

• Yes, since I don't know how to swim. It really scares me.

• I really don't think of that while I'm swimming.

• That may be true. It's %100 luck that I'm alive now.

• Yeah, I swim professionally and I'm still scared of drowning, but theoretically it's very unlikely to drown

• No i dont...