Why are my arms and shoulders constantly breaking out?

For years my arms and shoulders have been covered in blemishes. I pop and pick at them. The only area is the arms and shoulders. I exfoliate in the shower and have a healthy, balanced diet. I am desperate at this point. It has been at least 5 years since my arms have been normal. To this day i still get picked on for my gross arms. I have been to the dermotologist and the two creams they gave me didn't really help at all. Can somone give me an idea? :/

Most Helpful Girl

• it might be from your hair while conditioning.

What Guys Said 3

• Perhaps you have sensitive skin do to the sun try covering it up and stop picking at them

• It might be from the oils on your hair touching your shoulders. Or it's because your pillow case and your sheets on your bed are dirty to where the oil causes acne. That's how u get acne on my shoulders is the dirty pillow case and sheets

• Laundry detergent can play hell with people who have sensitive skin. Trust me I know but it affected me in a totally different area.

• Oh i'm sorry to hear about that. I am really greatful that it is only on my arms and shoulders (knock on wood) which isn't a bad spot. for me at least. I hope your skin gets better somehow :/

What Girls Said 1

• It can be that your skin is predisposed to folliculitis or maybe you have staph or something on your arms. You can try something like this www.walmart.com/.../12166849 with a loofa and follow up with a toner like www.walmart.com/.../10321470

And no more picking!

If you still have a problem, you can always talk with your Dr or see a dermatologist.