How to restore my faith?

So let me explain-
I'm a Christian, or at least I think I am. At this point I don't really know. I'm just having a really hard time keeping my faith in God, and I need some help. I think this started once the gay community sprung up I guess. I don't understand why being gay is a sin. Honestly some nights I cry knowing that all gay people are sinning just because they love someone else. I just don't understand. And then there's my doubt that God even exists. I mean how are we to know? All we have to take in account is a book that pretty much could've came from anywhere.
Anyways do any of you guys have any advice? I really want to believe, but it's really really hard right now. I'll even take some inspirational stories.

Most Helpful Girl

• I went through this. I am also a part of the gay community. I grew up in a Christian family. I debated if I was Christian or if I wasn't and if I was if I was sinning. I decided being gay may or may not be a sin. But it says in the bible that we can wash our sins and still go to heaven. But just WHAT IF there is no afterlife or no heaven. And I lived my entire life being with a man who I couldn't actually fully love because id rather be with a woman. If there isn't a heaven.. Then it was all pointless.. So id rather. Take the risk and love who I love because at the end of the day life is too short to not live the way that makes you happy. And I still have at least a chance if there is a heaven. And if you want to believe. Believe. My only issue with this whole issue between gays and Christians is: I respect your religion. It doesn't effect me or my health. So why does my sexuality effect yours? I dont come up to you on the street and tell you being a Christian is wrong. So dont just randomly judge me by the fact that I'm gay. I'm still a loyal friend and I care for the people around me. I'm still as human as you or anyone else. So I just want to be treated like it.

• Thanks this really helped. And I agree, gays should have the same respect as straights

• Live life* day by day. Sorry typo

• Lol thanks

What Guys Said 8

• Well, that's why it's called faith. You have to trust in things unseen. Everyone has struggles in their christianity, so don't worry, just keep close to God and he'll let himself be known to you on a personal level. Gaysim is wrong in the bible because it's not of God. Simple. You have to trust God knows better than you do and he isn't holding anything good from you. He is a parent to humanity, and like every parent wants good things for their kids, so does God. His laws aren't there to hurt or enslave us because he is God and can do that, rather, they are there to keep us safe. He created us and knows what's good and bad for us. Remember; his thoughts are far above ours, but he loves you. So trust him; you're in the only hands that can take care of you.

• First off the bible says in leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a man as with a woman. It is an abomination. You see God created man and woman to become one. He created them to be partbers in life. His intention is that every man has a woman and vice versa. It is an abomination to him and to christians because it goes against God's perfect plan.
    Personally when i look at a homosexual relationship I don't see love. I see a relationship based entirely off of sex. Loving someone isn't based off of physical attraction or even body parts. What homosexual relationships are about is entirely sex. Which also is not how God intended. So when i look at a homosexual relationship, even when they say they love each other i know that they really don't love each other in the traditional sense they just like the sex with the same parts as them. That being said they can still love their partner, but homosexuality in and of itself is as it says in its name a sexual thing not an emotional.
    The Bible didn't just come from anywhere. In fact it has nearly 55 authors all telling the same story. In court that would be rock solid evidence. Now even further the bible, when compared to other historic texts such as plato, aristotle, homer, and others like them is by far the one with the most eyewitness accounts, the most actual proof, and the only one that is filled with bonafied fact. To further this point, if you look at all the great researchers that have tried to prove parts of or even the entirety of the bible wrong you will find that every single one that actually did research (not just athiests with an internet connection) i mean peoe who actually went back into other ancient texts, they have done nothing but prove themselves wrong and the bible right.
    Now you say that we only have the bible to go off of, that isn't true either. In the bible it talks about how if you were to live your whole life having never heard about God then in God's eyes you still denied him. He is evident all around us. He is evident in the mountains, in the stars, in the laugh of a baby, in the love of a mother. People aay that if God is real then why does he let bad stuff happen. Our brains are wired to remember the bad things that happen, not the good. It is because of God's infinite grace and mercy that the world isn't worse than it is. I hope this helps, if you have any questions please feel free to dm me, i will be out of town next week but i will reply as soon as i can. God Bless

• Thanks this really helped

• I hope it did, the best advice i can give you is to pray and ask God to open your eyes ao that you can see his purpose and his glory, read your bible go hang out at the church and talk to other christians. And dm me if you need anything

• I was raised Christian and became a Shinto/Buddhist. I'm not saying I'm right or that my belief is better or worse than any other, only that I identify more with than than I do with Christianity. But I'd suggest seeking out a pastor or priest and discussing your thoughts with them. They could probably provide a better answer.

• I am not a Christian but I believe in God look things are sin mostly not because of a reason okie it's god's orders and we have to respect it and do it and the damage in it is not only physical maybe the damage is morally but mostly there are no reason

• Really you need to talk to someone about this. religion is complicated and a subject that can offend and light a spark unintentionally.

• It sounds like you need to talk to a pastor, not someone on the internet.

• Maybe you're agnostic, like you base yourself off one religion, but don't believe in all of it.

• Stay strong in your faith of GOD.
    Life has it's ups and downs and it can be easy to lose faith but you just have to hold on. God is really smart and works in mysterious ways and you can trust me on that !
    Throughout my life I have had many bad situations that most people could never handle or survive and GOD pulled me through them.
    Be friends with GOD and you will pull through.

What Girls Said 3

• My best advice is go to church. Whether or not you already go, just go as often as you can. Find someone to trust that you can discuss this with. Probably the pastor or priest or whoever you have at that church would be best.

• you need to talk to a pastor or your parents

• There is nothing you can do. You are on the brink of opening your eyes and you feel guilty because what has been taught to you but your inner conclusions is taking over because you know some beliefs are not making sense. You can't make yourself believe. I have tried it. I lost faith in religion and church at 15 and I never looked back but what I gained was faith in God by going down a spiritual path instead and that's how I got closer to him. If you go to a pastor they will just pray for you but they could also convince you that you are possessed and that the devil has gotten into you after that you will be subjected to exorcisms, beatings and other spooky things. It was the scariest thing I ever went through and it didn't change a thing it just made me more aware of how crazy people were just because I started thinking for myself and questioning my faith they just knew I had a demon inside me when in fact I was just being human and that is all you are doing. I know you feel bad but I think maybe you should consider seeking out an adviser who really isn't biased to help you which may be hard but its up to you.