Thoughts on foreign people celebrating the 4th of July?

Do you think they shouldn't or do you like that they like America that much to celebrate it? I'm foreign also.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a foreigner and I celebrate it, cause I love America. Sure, I may not have "American" blood, but I still love it.
    America is a country of immigrants, therefore it's ok for us to celebrate it too.
    It's not about where you're from, but your feelings towards that country.

What Guys Said 15

• If in America go for it but if outside leave it

• Thanks, hope you don't mind but you kinda look like Mr. Clean.

• Had to google you are so right

• It's a cleaning product in America, I got confused and thought that was your pic lol.

• Sure they can.
    I knew a lady from South Africa. She just loved Thanksgiving. She said every country should have it.

• Should it matter? We all should be free to celebrate what we want to..

• By foreign do you mean people not living in the US but in their own countries away from ours or foreigners as in new immigrants that are legally part of our country.

• Foreigners who are legal

• So immigrants then, well they are part of the country and officially recognized as US citizens and our fore fathers created the declaration of independence not only for their current generation and citizens but for all legal citizens in the future.

So it's as much right your right as it is mine to celebrate it, you are an American after all, just never forget the men and kids who fought, died and bled to create the country that you now call home.

• Well, people in America celebrate Saint Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo (Not Mexican Independence Day) for the sake of getting wasted, so I see nothing wrong with celebrating the Independence Day of a country who live the most comfortably and are patriotic to a fault.

• We Asian celebrated by firing firecrackers in eachothers butt til our azz on fire 💘
    Thats how dragons are a BIC symbol for china ☝🏼️

• I like the idea. I think it's cool to celebrate other countries and their fight for freedom.

• I'm Australian but if I was visiting your country I'd probably take part in the festivities out of respect and to experience another culture. Is that OK with you?

• Its whatever here in America most people don't care what holidays others celebrate so don't worry.

• Most of America just uses the day to party and picnic. Few people care about our becoming independent from England. So foreigners should feel free to celebrate the day regardless of not being American.

• It's more of a festive holiday where enjoy delicious BBQ and fireworks. I don't blame anyone who wants to partake in that. :P

• I don't think it's okay

• Celebrate what ya want, doesn't bug me any.

• They don't celebrate mine so why should I celebrate theirs?

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's totally fine. You're here and this free country that you seem to like (otherwise you wouldn't consider celebrating its independence), so why not? You have just as much a right as the rest of us. If you love America, I think you should celebrate it all you want! Don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for it.

• Thanks, I moved here last year and I already love it.

• You're welcome! I'm glad you like it here. :)

• Sure! Why not! The 4th of July has evolved into a joyful holiday with visually appealing fireworks and heavenly, greasy food. I mean if you really want to be technical, no one should be celebrating the holiday except for white Americans. And even then it gets tricky because a lot of modern day white Americans are really combinations of Italian, Irish, Polish, and more. They simply identify as white although they were treated like dirt when they first got here.

• That's great! I think it would be more bizarre for them not to tbh. Anyone can celebrate it if they want.

• Anyone has the right to celebrate what they wish to. If it makes you happy then, why not?

• It doesn't bother me It's all a big party most holidays are celebrated for food, booze, and gifts which is not applicable in this case but people still buy stuff just like other holidays. It also brings in money for businesses.

• I think it's great! My Vietnamese and Hispanic neighbors are coming over to celebrate tomorrow. America being the land of the free changed and in many ways saved their lives when they came here!

• anyone can celebrate it if they want to

• They wanna get drunk.

• Not me, I just like the country.

• That's nice to hear, but I'm going by why non Irish people celebrate St. Patty's Day and why non Mexican's celebrate Cinco de Mayo etc. the majority do it as an excuse to party. But it's great that you love the country as much as most of us American's do.