Do Americans really believe that abusive parents are above children in the law?

From what I've heard, children are considered 2nd class citizens in the US and parents can maltreat them however they want and get very little punishment for it. I was just watching this very sad video (below) of a very terrified boy being forced back into living with his abusive parents again and then he later died from getting beat "accidently" to death by his abusers. I haven't heard about them (the scumbag abusive parents) being convicted but it wouldn't surprise me that they received a slap on the wrist by the so-called "justice" system.

I've also once watched a documentary about an underaged teen girl shooting her abusive father dead in self-defense yet still received a 5 to 6-year incarceration for it.

I think it's bullshit, backwards and retarded. So an abusive parent in America can only receive 2-4 years in prison for child murder yet children who killed their abusive parents in self-defense receive more harsh punishment (around like 5 years in juvenile detention center or prison)? That's reasonable! *sarcasm*

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• No if anything its gotten to the point where the kids tell their parents what to do. A person can't emancipate themselves until at the age of 18 in America so that's the only flaw. Its much better here than what they have in other countries at least here in America they have foster homes and yeah sure not all or them are good and they have adoption agencies most countries don't even have those. And here they have CPS child protective services.

What Girls Said 2

• It's hard to make a judgement about situations like these when you can't see the entire story. Removing a child from a parent's custody is a long and complicated process and there's always a back story.

I'm sure we all wish there was no such thing as child abuse, but until we get to that point, we can only do our best.

• Yes. That's correct. Children are 2nd class citizens.
    However, this case in particular was wrong.

What Guys Said 6

• It kinda varies.

Child protection services will literally have parents arrested for letting their kids play outside. www.fox4news.com/.../mom-arrested-for-letting-kids-play-outside

• My parents if anything were far too lienient with me. You are probably from some western European country, where you think all Americans are fat cowboys who carry around a bible and M16 wherever we go.

• My high school English teacher talked about a trip she took to Norway. Upon learning she was American the first question some Norwegians had for her was "Do you have a gun?"

• Yeah. That seems to be the trend in your country. Giving social and legal special treatment to anyone who's either rich or an attractive-looking white woman

• We beat torture our children over here, and sometimes use taser on them. But we only do it outta love😀 no are kids are treated great here

• it is the opposite really, most parents are terrified of disciplining their children out of fear of be accused of child abuse

• I can understand spanking your children and occasionally whipping their behinds, legs or arms with a belt as disciplinary punishments but punching, kicking and striking to the head with objects are not fucking disciplining at all. I think the vast majority of abusive parents should receive the death penality for their heinous abuse towards those that they're suppose to love and protect.

• Thats horrible I hope those niggas get raped

• The US should reinstate the firing squad and allow citizens to volunteer to participate so we can wipe out scumbag abusive mothers and fathers.

• Watching two unnamed documentaries isn't enough information to make an informed decision.

• And can you please provide me a couple of incident where the abusive parents received the appropriate punishment for their crimes along with saving the abused kids.