Why do people presume people here are weird for posting?

this presumes others here are only lonely or have no life.. but then for me , its just for the lulz... im not bothered either way. i know that will offend some people, but i dont care.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• No it's only you.

• Because most people on GAG are weird, in the sense that 99% of the general public would look at this place and go "WTF". Some people here suffer from major issues, like lack of a father figure, insecurity, body image problems, depression, social anxiety, sexual promiscuity, etc,

What Guys Said 5

• We tend to frame our views of the world around us through the lens of our own experiences, so I'd say that sweeping generalizations of entire communities of people say more about the people making the generalizations than they do the targets of those generalizations.

In this case, if people who are members of this community think being a member of it is weird, it's probably because they view themselves as weird and project that association onto everyone else who shares a social group with them.

• possibly. but then i reckon most people here have normal concerns.

• I think you've misunderstood me. You seem to be of the opinion that people here aren't any more "weird" than the world as a whole is, that people here are normal.

I was agreeing with you and pointing out that the people suggesting people here are weird are actually the weird ones.

As far as I understand it, we haven't disagreed on anything. I was pointing out how ridiculous the opposing viewpoint was, not yours.

• Lol i dont agree. But ok. Continue tk feel pride and power in trying to get me to behave.

• I must say I have never come across that type of feedback thankfully

• How is getting bored and going on GaG weirder than getting bored and watching TV? It's just that no one knows if you're watching TV or reading something you're really not interested in...

• I have no life except with netflix and college textbooks :'(

• Because there are people here who are actually spending 24/7 of their time.. They got no lives.