Do you judge addicts?

People with addiction problems. Do you judge them? They often have a genetic predisposition.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the addiction, Some are bad and some are good.
    Addicted to running? Cool.
    Addicted to chatting? Cool.
    Addicted to eating? Eh... Not very cool.
    Addicted to Heroin? Yes, I will judge you.

There are some thinks we can naturally be addicted to, but noone was born or destined to be a drug addict, they chose that path for themselves, so yes i do judge drug addicts / alcoholics if thats what you meant.

• if it is genetic, then you can be born with it...

• ''some people get hooked easier due to genetics''
      You are completely overlooking the massively obvious fact that it was their CHOICE to take drugs in the first place. If i took drugs, i would probably get equally addicted to someone with higher dopamine, Drugs are addictive in themselves.
      If YOU made the choice to take drugs, it is YOUR fault you are addicted, You never had to be addicted to drugs, you were never born to be addicted to drugs, Your bad decisions are the reason you are addicted to drugs, Stop blaming it on shit that happened before you were even born.
      You were never born to smoke meth or shoot up heroin, If you did that later in life out of your own choice, Then its your fault your a junkie and i have so sympathy for people like that, They did it to themselves.
      Yes people can get hooked easier. You want to know how to fix that? Dont be a dipshit and take drugs in the first place.

• Great...

What Girls Said 6

• Never!! I always know there is underlying reasons why a person has addictions. It may be the only way a person gets through their daily life. They need empathy , compassion and help, not judged!

• oh yes.. i roll my eyes on them... jk... i like to help them... :)

• If they are disrupting lives, yes

• I don't judge anyone. I have no right to do so

• Im not sayin it's not genetic but I usually assume they are addicts because of some deeper (emotional) issue they have.

• Yes and if they know they have a genetic predispostion to get addicted then they shouldn't and anyone can get addicted to substances that cause addiction like heroin or prescription pills.

I am very judgmental on them and I think they need to go to rehab if they need it.

I wouldn't date anyone who was addicted to drugs

It scares me.

• They can't help it if it's genetic.

What Guys Said 9

• Generally, I don't. They have an illness, they aren't deliberately disrupting other people's lives.

But at some level, I blame them for their weakness. Such people generally lack discipline and courage, even before they became addicts.

• It depends on circumstances if someone a soft junkie ( ie no real reason for behaviour )
    I would be tough on them

• I do. People compare themselves to me every single time they think they will win. So, I do the same. I go through my problems drug free and without external help, so anyone weak enough not to cope is worthy of being judged.

Give me flowers, I'll give you more, flowers. Throw me a stone, I'll throw you a bigger stone.

• A genetic predisposition doesn't make you make the choice to start, it only makes you more likely get addicted once you do. I have a genetic predisposition to it and I consciously try to avoid it.

• Yes, I do. I was a drug addict and got out of it, I look down on anyone who looks for excuses and ways to cheat their way through life.

• I try not to, as I think a lot of it is due to peer pressure. I am addicted to a lot of things, including alcohol and caffiene.

I'm not aware that a genetic link has been proved.

• I used to be on drugs... now I just smoke, drink, and drink energy drinks... it's a hard thing to beat...

• If energy drinks are addictive it's because they contain caffeine.

• yes that is why... I quit smoking today and drinking... but it's hard sometimes when you go out not to drink... and drinking leads to smoking for me...

• I judge everyone - not necessarily because they're addicts though.

• If they wanna destroy themselves, then that's their business.

• yes, i do to some extent. i think its often due to a lack of coping skills.