Anyone here skateboard? What shoes do you wear?

I've been skating for about 3 months now, and already I've gone through 2 pairs of shoes. I've been wearing canvas shoes (I know; bad idea), and I want to switch to suede, but every suede shoe I've seen has a cup sole, and I'd much prefer to ride vulcanised. I was looking at the new Chuck Taylor's skate shoe (high top suede) but have heard mixed reviews, some saying it's no different than the regular all-stars (which I wear currently). Another demographic said that the shoe is great, holds up well with side movements, and with shoegoo holds up well with toe movements, plus they apparently come with the nike impact relif sole.

http://www.tactics.com/converse/chuck-taylor-all-star-pro-high-skate-shoes/black-white-suede

What shoe do you wear? How many shoes do you go through during a 1 month period?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to skateboard, and was thinking of getting back into it, but I always bought cheap shoes for the reason that everything I tried got butchered. Nowadays it is hard to find shoes that go beyond size 13 so I am having a hard time finding shoes.

I wouldn't change my shoes until they were outright destroyed , plus I wouldn't skateboard in winter because I live in Canada, so they would last a while

• Haha I'm in Canada, too. I'm not looking forward to mid-October snow.. going to have to either sneak into underground lots or go to indoor parks. You should get back into it, man; It's proper fun!

• You'll lose that fat faster than you can say "One more try".

• Thanks for MHO!

What Girls Said 2

• I used to skateboard until I fell off and sustained a bad arm fracture when I was 19. I've since taken up rollerblading. I've been skating since I was 5 so I'm just better at that than I am on the board :)

I always wore Vans simply because they were one of the only shoes that came in my size and looked good at the same time. I always had two or three pairs at once so I couldn't tell you exactly how often I was replacing them, but they all lasted at least six months. I was not an avid skateboarder and really only used it to get to school and back, and to other places.

• Ouch.. how did you break your arm then? Just going too fast and wiped on a stone or something?

• 😂😂😂😂😂 oh lol

• Yeah, that makes sense. Normal skateboard wheels aren't really meant for travel.

• Yeah, and converse

What Guys Said 6

• When I used to skate I'd wear Duffers, they lasted about 2 months but then the backs got worn out. I have a Nike pair that I still have today and they last, newbalances I've also tried and were OK.

I don't skate anymore because a bus ran over my board and I can't afford to buy a new one...

• That proper sucks balls man, did it just fuck the board up or did everything get decimated?

• I'd be heartbroken, sorry to hear.

• Well I've stopped getting injured a lot more! But I got kicked out my skater gang... I didn't need them anyway! They suck!

• Ι was skating when I was in my teens.

• I used to wear Etnies

• I don't skateboard but I do plan to fly someday with a hoverboard.

• I am a skateboard and I don't wear shoes.

• I usually wear a vans Sk8-Hi Lite cause it has a dense heel that doesn't get screwed when I decelerate my speed on rough terrains.