Girls, do you find skateboard clothing attractive (more so curious of what girls over 18 think about this)?

I got back into skateboarding a year ago but I've always prefered/worn skateboard shoes and pants.

I always get deals at the shop because I know all the guys there, and I have been offered to helpout with a few things around the shop for discount prices.

There's a wide variety of styles within brands or in other brands, but I'm curious how noticable is the clothing and is it a turn off to see someone in there mid twenties wearing this type of clothing?

- although I do pick out the more mature looking clothing and I usually wear none skate brand t-shirts, jacket/tops. BUT because I'm going to have a greater discount I'll probably end up with skate brand shirts and other things.

• It can be cool and youthful when done right
    67% (31)
  • It's okay but nothing more
    17% (8)
  • It's too childish and it gives off the wrong impression
    16% (7)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

13

Most Helpful Girl

• It's very cool. Although I've always had a soft spot for skater boys. xD Rock it dude, I'm sure you'll find a girl who likes it.

• thanks babes for the support, you are awesome! ;)

What Girls Said 12

• Any style looks great when you can pull it off, and I do like skater style clothing, yeah :)

• I don't think it's limited to age, the only thing is the pants hanging out. Just don't ever do it.

• Do you mean sagging at the bottom?

... Those pants have a tendency to slip down your waist more so than any other brand/type of pants so I am guilty of that sometimes.

• No, I mean purposeful.

• They slip bellow your hips so easily that it is such a chore to try and keep them above so I guess it would appear that I do it purposeful (but it's not the extreme sagging that we saw in the 90's/early 00's)

That's probably my biggest complaint for skater pants... unless I'm wearing a dress shirt I'm not going to strangle my lower half with a belt to make sure they don't slip like they usually do.

• I love skaters and their clothing style. I live in Venice and there's guys in their 30s dressed like that. It's all about how you wear it. It's a lifestyle.

• There's a lot of selection and it's very versatile, it's not like they're is just one look but there is a slight similarity.

And I feel it suits me.

• I'm indifferent.

• If all skate clothes look like in that pic you posted, it's pretty cool.

• Dude, it is totally Bitchin and Rad. Like Fer Sure, gotta get me some.

• Option A was exactly what was going through my mind when i read the question

• That's because I know what's up, I was just looking for validation... lol it actually just seemed liked the most logical way of looking at unless you despise that style of fashion no matter what.

• I think it looks dumb personally

• Nope, skateboarder clothes always make guys look young and immature

• Depends on what he chooses and how he wears it.

• Depends really. Just hanging out in it is fine, but not to take her somewhere nice or seeing her parents and things like that. Probably depends how she usually dresses too. Like a girl who takes time and effort and dresses up often is less likely to accept it. And i know somebody said the sagging is bad, but I kinda like it on a sexy guy. Like if he's hot and he's got that, just a little peek of his underwear kinda thing... well same as guys when they peek a girls panties when her jeans come down when she sits I guess.. it's just sexy on the right guy.

• I think any type of casual wear will look stupid if you wear it to something that's formal, I'm pretty sure you deserve more than a facepalm if you wore it to a wedding or something alike.

• I like my men to look like men rather than boys. The skater look is cute when you're a teenager or a sophomore in college.

• I think skater clothing has become more mature than what most hipsters wear so there's that... if that even matters.

• lol You'd/I'd be a laughingstock if you/I wore that in a business setting like finances/stock-trade etc... But would you hold it against someone in a casual setting?

• I guess not. I mean I do look like a bum sometimes, when i'm not in the mood to dress up or for quick errand runs, but doesn't mean I am a bum. Ok, I'll allow it ☝🏻️

• yes i like it.