Girls, If your boyfriend's ex told you a bunch of bad things about him, would you believe her?

• Yes
    21% (8)
  • No
    39% (15)
  • Other (explain)
    40% (15)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

18

Most Helpful Girl

• Exes will usually talk shit, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. If he was brand new and I was just getting to know him, I'd keep an eye out for cues she could be right. Like if she says he beat her up, and I noticed he had a short violent temper I'd be wary. Or if she said he's a cheat and I noticed he was always checking out women or something.
    Sometimes, people so genuinely want to help you avoid a bad situation, but usually it's just some angry ex. Like ex boyfriends will say oh she's a slut anyway and ex girlfriends will say he's a cheat or is shit in bed. It's common.

What Girls Said 17

• I probably would but along with the "Yes," I would also believe that there could be some "Sugar coating" somewhere along the love line on both parts.
    However, to be Fair to him, the proof would in the sweet pudding when he would have to Prove to Me... That he has changed and for me to put Anything else in the back of my mind, no matter what he or she said.
    Good luck. xx

• Some people may think things are good while others think it is bad. The way you see something is based on your own perception. If I had a boyfriend and was happy with him, then there would be no point in listening to bad things that I don't see in him. If I know she's not telling the truth, I'll ignore her, and if I ask my boyfriend and he tells me the sincere truth, I'll believe him. I'd be loyal to my boyfriend if I saw him as a good, kindhearted person, and IF he had done any bad things before and feels shame for it, then I don't see why I shouldn't forgive him. Everyone deserves a second chance :)

• Depends on the girl - and the guy.
    If I knew her from before - in a good way - yes, I would believe her.
    Or I'd ask around a bit more to see if what she said was true...

• If you didn't know her

• No, probably not. I would rather find out anything negative myself. Every relationship is different. I would need to hear it from someone other than a possibly bitter ex to believe it. That being said... I do believe every single word that comes out of my boyfriend's mouth about his ex... so, that makes me feel hypocritical. He has no reason to lie to me, though. I could care less about her.

• Depends on the terms of which they broke up. I wouldn't say i'd believe her but I would question him about anything that raised a red flag. Only fair to get both sides of the story.

• I would be inclined NOT to believer her for 2 reasons:

1. She is probably bitter over the break-up and exaggerates bad qualities or invents them out of anger.

2. She wants the ex back for herself and is trying to lead you away from him out of jealousy.

• It depends, I'd make sure to hear both sides of the story first.

• I sort of would believe her, I'd just be cautious around the guy.

• She is his ex for a reason. I would not believe a word she said because for all I know where is trying to scare me off to try and win him back

• No. Quite frankly, she's a brat. I wouldn't believe her if she told me anything.

• It really depends on what she told me and if I have noticed anything. Maybe she's just being bitter and jealous and wants to sabotage our relationship, maybe it's all true. Depending on the stuff she said, I will ask my boyfriend about it or completely brush it off. So I can't really say.

• I'd listen but I wouldn't act on the new knowledge. There's always two sides and he wasn't with me at the time. Who's to say his actions weren't justified at the time.. She could just be bitter.

• thankfully mine doesn't have any ahha :D

• What did she say?

• No, since we're already in the relationship i know everything i need to know.

• I would keep an eye on it and observe. You never know she could be telling the truth. But most of the time its jealousy

• She just want the D