What's your favorite quote?

I love reading and there are a lot of beautiful quotes I've come across. My favorite is by Toni Morrison in her book the Bluest Eye.

"Along with the idea of romantic love, she was introduced to another--physical beauty. Probably the most destructive ideas in the history of human thought. Both originated in envy, thrived in insecurity, and ended in disillusion."

What's your favorite quote?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• 虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず。 (Koketsu ni irazunba koji wo ezu) Literally: If you do not enter the tiger's cave, you will not catch its cub. This means: Nothing ventured, nothing gained. / You can't do anything without risking something.

• 0|0
  • “The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve, nor will he ever receive, either.” Benjamin Franklin

Very applicable to the events in the US these past 10 years

• All Those Who Wander Are Not Lost - J. R. R Tolkien

Wisdom Is Knowing How Little You Know - Sorcrates

• "For every dark night there is a brighter day".

• My heart shall be the faithful compass that still points to you.

What Girls Said 6

• ''Don’t let anyone, even your parents, break you. Find good people who care about you and surround yourself with just them. If you can’t find them at first, find good music and fall into it and let it hold you until they come.''

• She was like a drowning person, flailing, reaching for anything that might save her. Her life was an urgent, desperate struggle to justify her life.

Jonathan Safran Foer, Everything Is Illuminated

• live and let live

• "Laugh as much as you breathe. Love as long as you live."

I don't know who the quote is by

• Hate the sin.. Not the sinner.

• my favorite quote is "You do not have to be great to start. You just have to start to be great."