Dear Americans, tell me how your soldiers protect your freedoms by fighting wars on the other side of the world?

Come on now, this is ridiculous and such slogans are to be seen all over the netword today.

0|0
5|11

Most Helpful Guy

• Logic.
    Let's put ISIS as an example: If ISIS doesn't have to protect their land, they don't need to have many followers there, therefore they can send more "troops" to attack other countries. If the other countries attack, ISIS won't send troops cause they have to defend their territory. Also, there more "bad guys" you kill, the less chances they have to attack your country.

Another example is Hannibal's situation. He wanted to attack Rome, so he took a long journey to get them by surprise, but the Romans attacked his city, therefore he had to go back to protect the city. Rome's attack stopped the advance of Hannibal and his troops, and the same thing applies to the US (and other countries too, it's not just the US who has troops in other countries fighting wars).

1|1
    0|0
    • Also, it's not just US freedom, but those in those countries too. The reason you give a homeless man some money is to help them, and in this situation, the reason why the US (and other countries) send troops, is to help those countries.

What Girls Said 5

• Europe wanted to ignore the terrorists in the Middle East and tell America how terrible it was that America was there. And then Charlie Hebdo happened. There aren't too many complaints now.

Happy Independece Day.

0|0
    0|3
    • Maybe you shouldn't have invaded these countries in the first place since Europes armies are in NATO too?

• Show All
    • those who are not terrorists support the terrorists morally. There are no peaceful muslims.

• Wow, now that I know you're an islamophobe , I'll *totally* listen to your views.

• Uh, so those assholes don't come here.

1|0
    0|2
  • They want the oil and minerals.

0|1
    1|0
  • The whole "protecting your freedom" BS is just a facade to cover up the fact that the real reason they are fighting is for oil. It's undeniable that most of the problems and threats that the US faces today regarding their national security were created by themselves.

0|1
    2|0
  • i dont think they do.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• They are not protecting are freedom they are actually fighting for human resources.

1|2
    0|0
  • The American military does NOT fight for ''Freedom''. Nor does any military in this modern world.

We live in a world where we have almost depleted our natural resources, and what do you do when you run out of oil? You steal it from the person next door... This is nothing new, Countries have been doing that since the 1930's, Only now we are doing so exploitatively that its retarded to say we are doing it for ''Freedom''. The west needs oil, The Middle east has oil... the outcome is obvious.

0|0
    0|0
  • They dont they are basically trained to fight wars for wealthy men who have their own agendas

Its sad but true, we dont really protect anyones freedom, i say the USA not get involved in wars at all for like 20 years

No one would fuck with us anyway, no one, if we kept to ourselves

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't. And the more rational Americans know this. Soldiers are meant to protect vested interests of big businesses, not our 'freedoms.'

0|2
    1|0
  • Slogans have been around since the birth of propaganda

0|0
    0|0
  • They invade other countries for oil. not to liberate them from terrorists

0|1
    1|0
  • Slogans are bullshit, in fact almost everything any government puts out is bullshit. Governments are bureaucracies and bureaucracies have their own internal dynamic which mostly involves promoting the interests of the people in the bureaucracy in a completely amoral way. Smaller nations are only nicer than big ones because they are smaller and so less capable of doing damage, same way a chicken is nicer than a tiger.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't. Our foreign policy is a disaster.

0|3
    1|0
  • You are kidding right? You can't be this dull. First, what "war" are you referring to? I wasn't aware we were in any war at the moment. We don't go to war unless asked by the country or the UN as a group of countries, or if there is a domestic threat.

In terms of threats... Do you think that a country having a nuclear ICBM or a country sponsoring terrorism is not a domestic threat.
    We do it because no one else can. You should thank us.

2|1
    0|3
    • So, You are saying a bunch of cave dwelling ragheads in the mountains of Afghanistan have a Nuclear Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles aimed at the US? Get real, These pricks have enough trouble getting their hands on 1970's Russian Hand-Me-Down weapons, They do not have ICBM's... Just like the invasion of Iraq due to ''WMD's'' resulted in the discovery of how many WMD's? oh thats right... none...
      The conflict in the middle east is nothing for oil, Its not just the US. Britain, Canada, Australia, Germany and a slew of other nations are all in on it too. Its just the US is doing the most Exploiting.

• Show All
    • I seem to remember saving your ass a number of times, Limey.

• How is that domestic?

• They don't, dumb rednecks just like to tell themselves that when they join the military so we'll all kiss their hand when they're parading around in their uniforms on leave. Not my fault you didn't want to go to community college and believe that taking advantage of other countries for their resources is "protecting our freedoms". You can't fight "terrorism", terrorism is just a tactic, that's like a war on "murder".

0|1
    1|0