If you were a Greek would you vote yes or no on the austerity measures?

Why would you vote that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• First the Greek government committed errors bu buying too man weaponry to soothe it's army
    Then he 'Troika' committed gross errors , judging the future impact of their 2010 austerity plan on the economy
    The IMF did the same.
    Germany's PM Merkel didn't want to help Greece ( because her voters had been subject of continuous anti Greek propaganda in the media.
    The austerity measures? Here's what the IMF admitted:

Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers :
    www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/wp/2013/wp1301.pdf
    .
    An amazing mea culpa from the IMF's chief economist on austerity :
    www.washingtonpost.com/.../
    .
    IMF: Austerity is much worse for the economy than we thought : www.washingtonpost.com/.../
    .
    The Errors of Austerity: The Olivier Blanchard Prescription : www.internationalpolicydigest.org/.../
    .
    The Blanchard Touch : fsaraceno.wordpress.com/.../
    .
    IMF's Blanchard Says The Fiscal Multiplier Is Higher Than we thought : www.slate.com/.../..._higher_than_we_thought_.html
    .
    We were wrong: IMF report details the damage of austerity:
    theconversation.com/we-were-wrong-imf-report-details-the-damage-of-austerity-11533
    .
    It's (austerity) Multiplier Failure : ftalphaville.ft.com/.../
    .
    IMF Details Errors in Calling for Austerity : blogs.wsj.com/.../
    .
    IMF admits Austerity Mistake : www.socialeurope.eu/.../
    .

• 2 days ago - The International Monetary Fund (IMF) said Greece needs €50 billion (£35 billion) and massive debt relief to keep it afloat over the next three years: www.independent.co.uk/.../...f-warns-10362290.html

But again Merkel didn't want to hear that. (I suspect London didn't want hear it either.)
      Europeans tried to block IMF debt report on Greece: www.reuters.com/.../us-eurozone-greece-imf-idUSKCN0PD20120150703

Do I need to look up the Jeffrey D Sachs paper where he says that austerity has an adverse effect on growth?

If YOU had been fooled and abused that way, would YOU vote to get more of the same? More austerity? Only if the media had brainwashed you...

• Greece Silent Coup article is an interesting one... but in Greece's case it's like Nixon coming in and starting a revolution in Missouri to collapse the state because their elected governers do not share the same political and economical policies with the Federal government... The notion of USA and EU are different but still the idea of United Europe is getting hurt majorly... This shows that EU does not have controlling policies in place... It's a fundamental flow in the EU framework..

• Nixon did that to Chile when they elected Allende. His order to Kissinger was "Make their economy scream!" And the shops closed, truckers went on strike, Pinochet did his bloody coup.

What Girls Said 1

• The Greeks screwed themselves. They should be kicked out of the EU no matter what the vote is. Greece took our money and then did nothing to pay it back... how many bailouts has this been now?
    Not to mention, they were falsifying their account books. They got caught and admitted to doing that a number of years ago. I say cut them loose, take the loss and let them deal with their issues without the training wheels.

• FYI: the Greek account books were falsified by Goldman-Sachs, working for the previous Nea Demokracia government. (now the opposition.)

• does that matter? We loaned them money and they lied to get it.

What Guys Said 5

• I would vote "No".. EU is blackmailing Greece, and wants the elected government to resign. There is a fundamental problem in EU, the Greek case highlights this at the best. EU and Troika needs to re-evaluate their policies. They can't just punish the citizens of a member country. To me, EU idea is flawed.

• I love the concept of the EU and would like to see a democratic and energetic Federal Europe which we already haveto some extent. That said, I'd probably vote no. The troika has continuously demanded more and more austerity, despite it not working, for political reasons, not economic reasons. German politicians don't want to give Greece money because it may damage their support in Germany. The austerity they are demanding will just make things worse.

If Greece votes no, it may be ejected from the euro which would be even worse for a while but it would be in charge of its own destiny. It could have a plan that suits itself rather than having one imposed on it.

I'd vote no but I'd much rather a third option.

• The answer is yes, not only let does it avoid complete economic collapse, but also it prevents those Greek government morons from spending away all their money that landed them in the problem in the first place, Greek citizens need to learn the government is not their to cater towards thier whim. Free market capitalism is the only successful econmic system, and the more a government spends, the more inflated a currency becomes. If I where the EU I wouldn't even give those government idiots money, because they would give it all away in pensions. I think this is a mercy last chance and if they don't take it then let them fall.

• No. I agree with Paul Krugman on this:

krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/.../?smid=fb-share

• Depends what they are. If they are going to further slow down the economy, I would vote no.