How to get over depression?

I feel like I don't belong in the world right now. I just feel that I will never have or achieve my goals in life. I have no friends, my family hates me, etc. How can I feel better and leave this depression? I would appreciate your advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely go have a chat with your doctor and see if he/she can come up with some ideas to get out of your funk. If it means a light dose of medication, then do some research on what they want to prescribe. Also, read up on the kind of depression you have. Once you read about the many forms of depression and identify which one seems like you are suffering from, then you can zero in on the core problem. Once you realize the core problem, you should do more reading - this time on the problem. There are layers of what is going on in our lives and once you peel back the layers and analyze how to treat each issue, then it becomes to make sense why you might feel depression in the first place.

While you are doing all this wonderful reading (which is also great for your brain by the way, a deterrent from sitting around thinking about why you're troubled by things), then you may begin to sleep better, think a bit more clearly, and then start to handle what you can change and what you can't.

You'll be okay. :) Good luck!

• Thank you I really appreciate your advice.

What Guys Said 4

• http://illnessquiz.com/depression-test/ it also has tests that tell if your gay. Also try to get your mind off of that non sense we all love you :)

• By talking to me. You have a friend here who is willing to help you. I use to think like that but thank God I was not able to hurt myself because things have gotten better. We all go through trials in life just don't give up.

• 0|0
  • Ma advice is hit meh up and ill make u feel like the most wonderful woman that will ever exist in ma lifetime 💋

What Girls Said 3

• I too, have felt like this a lot. I know that depression can envelop you to the point where you feel like you don't want to try anymore. People say that if you never try, you never fail. As far as I'm concerned, you're in a state of failure if you never win. If you truly dont feel you have a connection to anyone, you first have to connect with yourself. If you had been the only human on this planet, you would have realized that nothing else matters to you except what you think of yourself. Since this of course, is not true, we live out our days believing that the opinions of others give us self worth. If you had had another family, a kind, loving family, would you feel like you don't belong?
    The point I'm making here is if you feel like no one, no matter how important, dastardly, or powerful they may seem,-- no one can determine how much you are worth and how much you can achieve in life. The odds are the same for everyone. No one--not me, or anyone, can tell you that you are worthless.
    When were you last happy? What were you feeling then? You'll realize that happiness can only be found within yourself, just as depression can only be found within yourself.
    Hence, if you have filled your heart with things that depression you, fill it up with things that make you happy. I don't know if this will work for you, but it worked for me. You have such an amazing life ahead if you--make a point out of it and make that point sharp. You can't walk if you keep sitting. You can't grasp if you don't reach.
    So reach, and you'll find yourself changing.
    So try, and you'll find yourself winning.
    That's all I have to offer. I hope I helped.

• Thank you so much I appreciate your wise and kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to listen to me.

• You're very welcome :)

• There are infinite resources on youtube for self improvements.

• Depression is treatable. If you wanted to leave this world by committing suicide that's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I too was depressed. Do you want me to tell you how to fix it... it's real easy. Fall in love!