Should I get a tattoo?

I always wanted to get a tattoo, and I have created a design which is both a symbol and letters and I've created it myself. And I'm pretty sure that if I were to get a tattoo I would get that one. And I wanted to get a tattoo for years now, but I wasn't sure about the design. But then I created this design and I had found the one. But I didn't have the money. And now I have the money and I like can go even tomorrow and get it done, but I'm not sure. I mean I always wanted it and now I don't? Besides it's been years since I first wanted to get a tattoo and I still wanted to after five more years. But now I don't know... If I were to do it, I would do it on my upper back, and I would do it in September. But I'm so hesitant now...

PS I don't have any tattoos on me yet. And if I get it, it's just a small -medium black design.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make absolutely sure that you want this, and that you're ready for it, because it's going to be permanent. A part of you, for the rest of your life, unless you want to get it laser removed in the future if you end up not liking it (which I hear hurts like hell). Also make sure you're getting a tattoo for the right reasons, not to "look cool". I have two tattoos, a small Fox on the left side of my neck, and "Tears In The Rain" written on the back of my neck. They hold very special meaning to me, about struggle and heartbreak, about what I've experienced in this life. Again, make sure you really want to do this, it's one of those things that most people regret because they either end up doing it for the wrong reasons or a certain phase or fad.

What Guys Said 7

• Tatoo's are VERY hit and miss. Dont take this the wrong way but you will find in the eyes of a lot of people, it will make you less attractive.
    And, If you do decide to go through with it, Be 100% confident about your future with it, I mean, Is it someone in 20 years time you will look back on and say ''i was so young and silly for getting that...''
    And not just that, When you're old and saggy and wrinkly, do you really want to have nasty faded and warped tatoos? :/.

• Dude relax, I'm not going to ink all of my body. Just a small -medium tattoo on my upper back.

• Yeah but dude, On both male and female, The back is probably the best looking part of the body. I mean, Its muscular, curvy, and stuff, it just looks so cool, And, i would suck to ruin that with a tatoo.
      And i know you would wear clothes and other people would see it, but i bet when you looked at it in a mirror you would probably think ''oh god that looks bad''.
      I ain't trying to put you off having one, like i said, your life, do whatever the heck you want.
      In life, there will always be people who dont agree with things, just seriously do whatever the fuck you want xD. Because at the end of the day, the opinion of fucks like me means nothing, it really dosent.
      Im just saying, Make sure, that YOU 100000% want one. Dont give a shit about what i or others think, Just make sure YOU want it, Because i know so many people who got tatoos when they were your age thinking it was a good idea with sentimtal value and stuff, and now they seriously regret that shit.

• Yeah but there are others who haven't regretted a thing. I mean my sister has a lot of small tattoos and hasn't regretted any of them. And even my mom has one...

• If you get a tattoo, don't get anything gay and sentimental. Make a statement by getting the kind of tattoo that tattoos are meant to be by getting a flaming skeleton with blue flame hair and snakes coming out of its eyeballs playing a guitar with lighting shooting out of it with the words "fuck yeah" underneath!

• Wait until you are comfortable with it, to do it - I would do it I love tattoos

• Are you sure you'll want your granddaughter to see her granny with a tattoo?

• Yeah I don't have a problem with that,..

• By that time you might hate that tattoo.

• Or I might still love it and have a story to tell to my grandkids as well... Boom backfired!! Lol just kidding

• Before it will be tattooed on your skin they will show you in the shop how t will look like and then you can still decide not to take it

• If you got any tattoo I m not gonna flirt with you rest of my life in here. :/

• Ok then it's decided. Not getting a tattoo.. Lol :-P

• Get a small tattoo, something life a butterfly or a dolphin, those tiny tiny ones.. two or three on your hip and ankel and behind the neck...
    For me bit tattoos is a big turn off.

• I hate butterflies and dolphins, like what am I? A little mermaid? lol it won't beach big, it will be small-medium sized

What Girls Said 4

• You really need to decide if you want a tattoo. I got my first one at 18 and in 12 years have gotten 8 more..
    Remember it's there for life!

• Do it only if you want to, not because of what other people are saying.

• Of course you should
    Tattoos are nothing bad or weird or taboo, tattoos are beautiful, so get it and enjoy

• I would never get one myself because I know I wouldn't want it forever
    But if you've wanted it for ages and are then sure then go for it
    Upper back is good because it's not visible at events like job interviews etc where hou want to look conservative

If you're still unsure, maybe get something really small and see how you feel

• Yeah but then again I'm like what if I want my back to be clean? Or want to wear something strappy on the back? It won't look good...