Is it my fault he hurt me? Advice?

My brother was having a birthday party at our house and he invited all of his friends over. Everything was going great and we were having a great time. My brother sent me to his room in the basement so that I could get some more ice for the drinks. When I went downstairs i bumped into my brothers best friend Kent who was smoking and drinking in the basement. I gave him a hug and he squeezed my butt. I felt uncomfortable and left to go get the ice. I finally got the ice when I heard the door close. I turned around and Kent was standing there I walked over to open the door when he grabbed me and pushed me against the wall. He started groaping me putting his hands up my skirt and kissing me. I pushed him off me and ran towards the bathroom. He grabbed me and threw me on the bed forcing himself on me. I started hitting him yelling at him to get off of me. He grabbed my hands pinning me down. He continued to violate me and put his hands up my skirt. I kicked him in the stomach and spit in his face. He hit me and ripped my shirt off. I continued trying to push him off me but he was too strong. He started laughing at me and licking my face as he continued touching me. He started unbuckling his pants and I kept screaming NO and grabbing his belt trying to keep him from taking his pants off. He got mad and pushed my face into the floor pinning me down. I started screaming begging him to stop as he continued inside me for an hour. I was seriously about to give up fighting him when my brother busted in and saw what was happening. Long story short my brother beat up his friend and took me to the hospital to file charges. But now i can't help thinking everything was my fault

Most Helpful Guy

• All you did was give him a hug - Totally acceptable behaviour - He was inappropriate from the start

What Guys Said 3

• So, so sorry for what happened to you. It was *not* your fault. At. All. You're a victim. I wish I could undo what happened. I can't. There's simply no excuse for what happened to you. He deserves the full punishment of the law.

• If you think that by hugging him it is you fault then it is not. He had no excuse to do what he did.

• Not your fault. Tell your story and let the guy get put away.

What Girls Said 1

• RAPE IS NOT A VICTIMS FAULT
    NO ONE SHOULD EVER THINK THAT