Guys, Is a CR125 2005 a good first bike?

YOO! I am hoping to buy my first dirt bike soon and I have found a clean CR125 2005... Would this be a bad beginner bike?

Thanks

9

Most Helpful Guy

• They are good bikes but you might be wanting a 250 soon though... But for your age, and being a first you will still love it. Personally I like 2 stroke Yamaha's but they are a whole different animal and can be a PITA for people. I wouldn't worry about age as some people have said but more about the condition of the bike. Take someone who knows about bikes with you to look at it, and keep options open for other potential buys. I wouldn't limit myself to that bike if other cheaper better options are available, but it certainly would not be a bad first bike. Enjoy and good luck!

What Guys Said 8

• Two strokes are temperamental to start and they expel pollutants. A 4 stroke is cleaner, quieter, easier to start and has better low RPM performance. The CR is none the less a good first timer.

• 0|1
  • I think the cr125 is good...2 stroke... good power and suspension... nice race bike

• My first bike was a Honda CRF 100. One of the best bikes I've ever owned.

• I'd get a newer year personally.

• How old are you?

• Way too slow, you need at least a 250cc or you're going to be a danger to yourself.

• Yah Honda is the best first bike they never die if u could find a 100 they r inposibole to kill they last forever and r used as pit bikes for pros at rasis lots of fun