Growing up , Did you ever have a "rebel" phase?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I did.
    Looking back we all want to do what our parents say we can't do.

I learned from my rebel phase.
    I also learned that my parents were right in pretty much every thing they warned me about.
    Some people need to learn themselves instead of being told what to do.
    And that's exactly what happened to me.

My rebel phase helped molded me into a well rounded and wise individual.

What Guys Said 14

• Not really, because my parents didn't force me into doing anything I explicitly didn't want to do. So I saw no reason to start drinking and smoking like an idiot for whatever reason such as self-destruction. I had good grades, so my parents trusted me, and didn't want to control every single aspect of my life.

• Yeah when I was really young, so it was ok lol
    I probably was 11 or 12 but I used to throw rocks at cars and other stupid shit

Play king of the hill with my friends
    Sneak out the house at 12am and go drink beers in an abondoned garage lol!

But that's about it

• Of course. "The duty of youth is to challenge corruption" If we didn't we'd all be growing up to be our parents.

• Yeah, just for a small period in my life when I was 13-14.

• Nope never. Southern black parents don't let their kids get away with being "rebels."

• no because everytime i was like: "i wanna drink alcohol" or "i wanna smoke" they just gave me a beer or a cigarette and i of course didn´t like it at all as a child so there was no need to be a rebel at all. luckily i was never that stupid to want a tattoo or something like this.

• I guess, luckily the cops only busted me once but they couldn't charge me with anything. I straightened out after my 18th birthday because my luck ran out.

I'm fortunate to have a clean record and walk away with a big ass scar on my face. Still, most interesting time of my life for sure, and i have some hilarious stories from it all.

• I think we all had a bit

• Yes, still do lol

• who didn't lol best years off my life lol...

• I've been telling authority figures to fuck off since I was 2.

• Yes, I had my fare share of vandalism.

• compared to most? no.

• Haha for sure. It has influenced my music tastes a lot and compared to my twin brother who was a saint I was the devil haha. My family was really religious so me drinking, doing drugs, listening to heavy music, and having sex in high school really shocked them. I turned out alright though >.>

What Girls Said 13

• I never had a rebel phase per say. I did go through a "emo/scene" phase though where I only wanted to wear black and tried to copy scene queens.

• If you mean getting drunk, using drugs, cursing, having sex with strangers - no, I was never a rebel of that sort.

• rebel phase? not really no

• My rebel age was actually when I was in 4th grade (9 or 10 years old). It was girls against boys back then, and every day we would have fake "wars" at recess. I must admit our battle strategies were quite faulty :D and I was one of the passionate ones in the group. I was also the trouble child in class, but personally I thought my teacher had anger issues. During after school activity time, I used to sneek around the school halls, but then eventually I got caught by the cleaning lady. I would also stand up to the big 5th graders during dodge ball, and I was usually always the last one standing. I guess I've changed a lot since then lol. I still have my fighting spirit though :)

• No, not really. I don't think I went through a phase like that, although my mother has probably always cobsidered me a rebel, she just doesn't like me.

• I was a goth.

So yea.

• Oh yes. When you're born into a privileged family rebelling comes naturally. Got into lots of fights at school, drank, smoked, etc. At 24 I'm still rebelling.

• A huge one!!! I was a trouble maker

• haha of course I did

• Nope, I've always been a goody two-shoes.

• I didn't have one, I'm having one.

• Yeah, I was 12

I was a very bad kid

• yup.. i still have it..