Girls, Would u break up with your boyfriend for being an antifeminist?

• Yes
    48% (29)
  • No
    52% (32)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

27

Most Helpful Girl

• NO. I would not break up with my other half for being anti-feminist, and I am feminist. The reason is because I want to be able to show him that I am a great woman, which is what most anti-feminist males need to know. I'm romantic, intelligent, considerate, and on his side. I am opposed to women getting abused and held back for being women - that's what it's about for me.

If we ever got to the point where he says, "I dislike feminists.. but you I like," then that to me is a ground-breaker. It shows that the more positive influence I can be as a feminist, the better. I wouldn't be interested in changing his mind if that's not in the cards. But I have to be the good example to make him see that *I'm* worth fighting for.

If every man had a woman in their life like that to respect and be on their side for, then really, feminism has done its job. You can't make someone think about the big picture and expect them to show support for some Sally-Sue who lives 2000 miles away who didn't get a promotion in the fire-department because she was a woman, but if his viewpoints closer to home include fighting for my rights because we are connected, then that's important enough to me.

What Girls Said 26

• I voted no but only because I wouldn't date a guy who was anti feminist anyway. He doesn't need to identify himself as a feminist, but he needs to have feminist beliefs and I wouldn't really want to spend time with someone who didn't believe in it.

• Ho can he not identify himself as a feminist and have feminist beliefs?

And are you a feminist

• I don't need a boyfriend who thinks I'm inferior, that I don't deserve equal treatment or rights, and that I shouldn't be in charge of my own life, thanks.

Unless we're talking about the "feminists" who promote female superiority and are constantly putting men down. Because I don't like them, either, and I definitely don't support them. If that were the case, then I wouldn't break up with him.

But yeah, equal rights are kind of an important issue.

• Yes because he doesn't support my rights. Deal breaker

• Nope, I wouldn't even date one.
    What do I do with a guy who's just completely sexist and treats me like a housemaid?

• Being neutral is one thing but being against my rights and the rights of other women (around the world) is definitely a deal breaker. It would create way too much friction in our relationship and we wouldn't work.

• I wouldn't call myself a 'feminist'. But I do believe in 'individual's rights'. Where an individual (whether woman or man) is entitled to equal rights. With a person's rights - gender, race etc shouldn't come into play to accept them.

• If he was just mutual it would be aight, but he is antifeminist, meaning he is actively against me having the same rights as him.

• Seeing as I'm a Feminist, that wouldn't work too well. We sound like we'd be polar opposites.

• We probably wouldn't have ended up dating in the first place, to be quite honest with you.

• Don't care much about these things tbh.

• It depends; I have mixed views on feminism. Although, by definition, I would be a feminist, and there are feminists who actually care about all problems, not just male ones, you also have the feminists who are really just misandrists using feminism as an excuse, and ruining feminism. I really wouldn't focus so much on whether or not he's a feminist so much as his specific beliefs.

• Feminism is women's rights, we want to be equal so if you're an antifeminist it means you're against women being equal. So yeah, probably

• he thinks he is higher up than me? well hit the road i dont need a boyfriend who thinks i am inferior and can't speak for myself

but if he does not support free the nipple or other organizations like that i would not care i feel neutral towards free the nipple

• No considering I am too

• It would be hypocritcal on my part, for I am not feminist. He does have to support equality though. Just because he isn't feminist doesn't mean he doesn't support equality.

• Yes because I don't want to date someone that thinks sexism is okay.

• My boyfriend openly calls himself a feminist, so that's not gonna happen.

• Not sure what that entails

• Woah. I didn't expect the poll to be split split like this.

• No because I'm not a feminist anyway.

• No we just have different opinions.

• Yes definitely. Feminists want equal rights as men. That's what feminism is! Some people don't take a little time to actually learn that. Instead, some people just think that feminism is about women wanting to be better than men. Anyone who thinks that women deserve fewer rights is a person that I don't want to be with.

• I don't think i'd date him in the first place to be honest

• A very big YES

• If you mean anti-feminist as he doesn't think women are equal to men- yes.

If you mean break up with him because he doesn't want to "free the nipple" or call everything "rape culture"- no

• Someone with enough fervor to be anti or pro any -isms would probably get on my nerves. I'm a live and let live type.