Where do black people with blue eyes and/or blonde hair come from?

Don't mean to sound like an ignorant but I had no idea this exists. There is a new female classmate at my college we've only known for a couple months but to my surprise, she's a black woman with curly dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. There is no mix in the family, she's naturally like that (no hair dye nor contact lenses).

I came upon this site that tells a bit about this mysterious race:
http://www.livescience.com/20078-gene-mutation-blond-hair.html

Is this some mutation or did they already exist for the longest?

0|0
8|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah thats been a thing. Its a certain place in Africa. I think they've been like that for the longest. Before white people came into contact with them.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Seriously? We come in all shades with various features. I have cousins with blue eyes and blonde hair. These genetic alterations/ recessive alleles/ mutations happen in nature. Like red hair can be considered a genetic mutation. However in the case of blonde hair blue eyes feature in indigenous people is mainly through lineage, so yes somewhere along her line she has European ancestry.

1|0
    0|0
  • White people in her lineage. Definitely a throwback gene.

0|0
    1|0
  • there is mix in the family

0|1
    1|0
  • Its a mutation.

0|0
    1|0
  • Must be genes. Never seen that before. Weird Mix tho'. •↓αωεsοmε↓•

0|0
    1|0
  • It's a rare mutation.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't know about the blonde hair thing but As far as i heard , there's something like a transparent blue color behind a brown color eyed person , so when you can remove those brown color by laser treatment and then blue eyes would appear

0|0
    0|1
    • Nope, no laser treatment. Someone didn't believe her when she said her eyes were natural so she came up with a couple baby pictures, blue as she said.
      I just found out about the Melanesian people at Africa at:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9IG5fqGsx8
      They apparently have natural blonde hair.

What Guys Said 5

• Reason 1) She has Caucasian relatives in her family from generations ago. However, in order for this to occur BOTH of her parents must have a caucasian ancestor who possessed those same traits. This is not unlikely since many Black Americans (assuming she's American) are assumed to be mix with at least 10-25% Caucasian due to slavery.

Reason 2) She's a descendant from one of those 56+ black ethnicities group where blonde hair and blue eyes occur naturally. Since blacks are the oldest group of modern homo-sapiens that also makes them the most genetically diverse. So blonde hair and blue eyes in a black person isn't unheard of, but it is rare outside of Africa.

Reason 3) It's a mutation, but this is very unlikely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Blond hair and blue eyes shows she has a bit of European in her, way back in her family line.

It's not a mutation, but it can be. But there's black people out there who are naturally blond, have blue eyes, green eyes, hazel eyes, and gingers. I have three uncles and they have green, blue, and hazel eyes naturally and a ginger cousin.

0|0
    1|0
  • Noah had all the genetic information needed to populate the earth with the different "races" and his sons were described in Enoch as being white, red, and black.

0|0
    0|0
  • They come from fairies.

0|0
    1|0
  • Heaven *swoon*

lmao

0|0
    0|0