I need to move out but I'm feeling clueless?

I'm going to be a Sophomore in college this upcoming year. I'm in a bad situation with my parents and I want to get out and away from them as soon as possible. Right now I have around $7000 in a savings account and around $1000 in checking. I've found an apartment complex in my college town that has rent for around $350-400 a month, but I'm not for sure that they have apartments available. I'm going to try to get a job at the coffeeshop in my college's library during the year to help save more. I want to be out by the end of Sophomore year. I'm trying to think of a roommate to help cut costs. I have a car and will need to pay insurance for that plus renter's insurance. I'm willing to skip health insurance if it means saving more; I haven't gotten more than a cold in years. I have around $10,000 left over after scholarships and grants to pay for college and I doubt my parents will want to help after I move out. I would also like to study abroad with my college's programs, but if I have to I can give up on that. It's a small town with a population of about 9,500. I don't smoke, I wouldn't be bringing pets. If anyone has any advice for what I should do, I would really appreciate it.

0|0
1|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 1

• just make sure to really plan everything out first.

0|0
    0|0