I have bad anxiety about driving?

I am 18 and I don't have my license and if you tell me to get over it like my parents I will punch you in the face through the screen of my phone my anxiety is so bad sometimes I breath really hard and shake really badly

Most Helpful Girl

• see a professional and get on meds.

What Guys Said 6

• What do you think is going to happen? You're in an armoured metal casing with strong glass and airbags and impact bars all around you. Cars are safer now than they've ever been.

Try starting slow and building your confidence. Somewhere quiet where there's nobody around.

• Come in my mustang... and then your anxiety will go away with that beautiful sound it makes. But can i ask were you involved in a accident in the past or something? and by the way driving is super super fun and going fast :) You don't need to worry

• first of all you are lucky to have a mustang my dream car is a black four door 1967 Chevy impala but i will settle for a 1965 mustang i was driving with my dad and i was trying to change lanes but i was being too cautious and was so focused on making sure no car was there that i almost swerved off the road and into a pole my dad was not paying attention either he was reading my towns newspaper since my brother had an awesome basketball game the night before

• well in all honesty i can tell you, you are very attentive with the fact of merging lanes which is good. But you have to remember, just like in racing... "where ever your eyes go, the car will follow", so don't try and look into the other lane a lot, do it once or even twice and make your move. Driving is very fun and nice choice of cars :)

When i first stated to drive i though 60 km/h was a lot. now i friken reach 170 kph with my mustang. It's the initial fear and also you have to remember it's a "FEAR" which means it's in your head. Take it slow and day by day. Keep challenging yourself everyday

• Once you start doing it, you'll be fine. There are worse things to get stressed over

• You should take lessons.

• I feel the same exact way. I am terrified of driving

• I do too. I just don't drive.

What Girls Said 0