Are women worse drivers than men?

I remember a guy saying once that the difference is that men realize that they are operating a several ton machine down the highway at high speeds.

• Yes
    12% (2)53% (8)31% (10)Vote
  • No
    88% (15)47% (7)69% (22)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|11

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Hahaha I think women tend to drive a little slower because they are the rather careful drivers while men don't really see the risks and therefore usually drive faster but well.. I don't wanna hurt your pride but I'm actually pretty sure I drive better than most men lol

0|0
    0|0
    • It seems that men tend to drive faster and more reckless but women tend to do stupid things.

• Show All
    • Like come close to hitting your car all the time.

• lol I don't think it's only women who do that tbh there are always gonna be idiot drivers but they are of both genders really

• I'm not sure about everyone, but in my household this is very true. Especially in snow or rain.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stupid people are stupid people no matter the gender. So it depends more on the person if they drive shitty.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. My dad is the best driver but then my sister. My bro and mum are awful.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just a stereotype.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont think so.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• There's an actual published statistic I read somewhere a couple years ago that said women are involved in more at fault accidents than men be a wide margin due to being far more likely to drive while distracted. However it also said men are involved in far more at fault accidents that result in fatalities or extensive property damage to to far greater likelihood of driving recklessly or driving while under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

1|3
    0|0
  • statistically speaking as determined by insurance companies no. men have higher insurance premiums which would therefore indicate that they are more prone to accidents

from the auto insurance association of America
    "There are 3 main categories that suggest women are safer drivers than men: accidents, speeding, and DUI convictions.

Accident frequency
    Women are less likely than men to get into a car accident, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, which means insurers are less likely to have to pay claims for their female customers. And because men are about 10 percent less likely to wear a seat belt, they arguably face a greater risk of serious injury that results in higher medical expenses.

Since driving records are a major pricing factor, a safe-driving history typically translates into lower rates (for both genders).

Speeding tickets by gender
    Speeding tickets indicate risky driving and a higher possibility of causing accidents, so having several on your driving record can lead to higher premiums. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has reported that in fatal accidents, speeding was more likely to be a factor for men (24 percent) than for women (15 percent).

DUIs by gender
    DUIs and other impaired driving convictions strongly affect your insurance premiums.
    The FBI reported that 743,029 men were arrested for DUIs compared to 244,195 women in 2012. California's Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs estimated that premiums can increase by as much as $2,700 after a DUI conviction"

1|0
    0|0
    • now perhaps it would all be even in a controlled test whereby someone was explicitly testing driving skill of men vs women. but based on statistics the auto insurance would say women are the more reliable and therefore more insurable gender

• I think guys are more reckless drivers while girls are more clumsy.

1|1
    0|0
  • that's an annoyin generalisation, dat makes me believe every person who believes this is a narrow-minded misogynist.
    BOTH can b good drivers if they practice. fuckin gender doesn't matter. we live in 21st century, change yer views for god's sake!

2|0
    1|3
  • I think men are more skilled but womens are more prudent at it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think both genders are equally good/bad at driving

0|0
    0|0
  • Good driver, bad driver, not gender specific, focus specific.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wome pay less for insurance. End of argument.

0|0
    1|1
  • Guys tend to drive more confidently i. e risky. Men get into more crashes, this is why guy's pay more for car insurance.

0|1
    0|0
  • Generally we are better on everything.

0|2
    0|0