Gamers, have you ever lost interest in video-games?

In my case it’s happenin now. It has happened in da past as well (during years 2006-2007or so) where I took a long hiatus from gamin like 1-1.5 year long. I played a few times during this 1.5 year but once in a blue moon.

Those 2 last months I don’t play any games at all, I just find ‘em borin and I cannot concentrate on em anymore. I’ve played only 3-4 tims during this period…. and sometimes I wonder…”wot’s so worthwhile bout games at all? R they time-consumers maybe?”. i can't x-plain wot was da reason x-actly dat made me lose interest, yet i just feel this way.

Did this ever happened 2 u?

Most Helpful Guy

• Games in general are a problem now thanks to many factors.

For one, every genre has been done to death. Developers are now desperately "merging" genres together to try and be creative. They rely way too much on "grinds." Think of how many Call of Duty players would play if there wasn't a ranking system. How long would you play games like WoW if you only had to kill 5-10 monsters to reach high levels?

Video games are also getting highly aggressive with marketing and profitability. They're trying to appeal to everyone. Is a game "too hard?" Patch it. Don't like something about a game? Yell at the developers and demand a "fix." A developer wants more money for their game? Take out a chunk of the gameplay, sell the game, then sell portions of those chunks at $15 a download. Let's throw in "weapon skins" and costumes for the little kiddies so they'll bug their parents to throw the credit card in and make "microtransactions," It's all about money now. Keep the gamer "grinding" killing the exact same monsters over and over again and call it fun. Play match after match watching your "level" go up. The repetitive nature of it alone is depressing.

So yeah it's fun to play every so often but in the end, the ridiculous addicts who never see the sunlight are the ones to keep this industry alive. Playing a game casually every so often is great fun, but in the end, all that happens is that it gets repetitive, boring, and depressing causing people to overthink stuff and accomplish nothing for the day... and people wonder why kids today have no social skills and feel depressed all the time. They don't leave the house and play these games for hours on end.

• Yeah gaming is pretty much ruined and will only get better when the industry crashes and Nintendo rises above with no competition and is free to innovate and do what they want.

What Girls Said 6

• I haven't really lost interest but I'm just so much busier now than I used to be back in high school so I don't have a lot of time I could spend playing :/ Also I don't like playing infinite games so once I've finished a game it just gets boring to play again..

• Yeah, I never really play anymore.

• Yeah it happens. I liked SIMS then I hated it. Now I start to develop an interest again.
    What I know is you need to give break sometimes.

• It's been happening to me recently. I've always been into games big time but the past year or so I just can't find anything that really keeps my interest, that doesn't stop me from going on steam and buying and trying way too many games though lol

• Hmm, yes. I lost interest in video games for (at tops) five months because of my new found interest to Kpop. Then The Last of Us remastered came out and I was definitely going to try that shit out.
    Maybe you lost interest because you found something more interesting to do with your time, perhaps a new girlfriend or pet or something like that. Or maybe you're just growing up and maturing.

• i just can't find any new games 2 play...

• Maybe I could help you with that... What type of games do you like playing?

• basically i ply gmes for older consoles but i like j-rpgs mostly... my fav series would b suikoden series

• Yes I had... used to play world of warcraft

What Guys Said 17

• I used to be able to game for an entire afternoon or for hours and hours at night into the early morning hours. now I get bored easily. Sometimes I turn on my playstation and pick a game and I find myself not even interested so I turn it off

it actually saddens me because I loved gaming to just sort of let my mind chill.

• Recently I've been playing less than I used to 1 or 2 years ago. I still play every day, but usually not more than 2 hours (unless I get carried away playing, but this is happening less frequently as well). I can't really say the reason of this, maybe I played too much in the past, maybe it's a normal change since everyone changes. I'm not worried about it though.

• Some 'friend' in my college just wouldn't shut up about games and I lost my sh** I stopped playing for months and months because I could take it anymore ahah.

And there are lots of reasons for playing games.

1). Escapism from reality

2). Reduces stress

3). Entertainment

4). Brain development

5). To pass the time

6). It's also amazing for brain activity and shizzel ahah

• I played WoT for about 2 years, Probably put about £600ish into it then got fed up with how shit and annoying the playerbase was.
    Then i went over to Warthunder, And up to now I've put about £1,200 into it (And about 900 hours) Sad as f i know. And, I think im going to quit soon on that one too.

• Never took to it at all

• Yes, usually it is in a period where I have a lot more real life things to do. I prefer doing stuff in real life and getting out there meeting & talking to people.

• I will probably never get bored with MMOs.

The only single player games I feel like playing now are old-school style 2d hand painted adventure games (like the Deponia series).

• i don't often get bored of gaming, because i usually buy a few games and play them for years before getting a new one

• Nope

I could play 2K until my fingers go numb.

• Nope :) never

• Yeah sometimes I just have a period where I just don't feel like playing anything you know? Don't know why, but usually after I while I just get excited to play a certain game again and I'm hooked.

• I never really had interest in video games.

• What are u into now?

• Games suck now. No reason for gamers to be interested.

• I used to play a lot of video games. Now I don't really care about them that much. Haven't play a game for months. Only for a few, however I am very obsessed over those few.

• ***? Never...

• I can't imagine not playing some sort of videogame at least once a day.