What do you think of black people who own a confederate flag?

Most Helpful Guy

• perhaps they appreciate the flag for what it truly represented at it's inception which was a battle flag. or perhaps they are sadly associating it with "the south" and therefore fly it as a sort of symbol of where they are from when they should know that the "Confederate Flag" was never the official or even unofficial flag of the Confederate States of America

What Guys Said 5

• 1|1
  • They don't want people to forget history.

• I think they're awesome.

• Rebels? Maybe they like the idea of states rights over federal? Who knows.

• Stupid. but its their life. I don't know why they would want to own a flag used to this day by skinheads and the klan 2 groups that hate them. Maybe they should go to a klan rally with one and see if they get accepted.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know much about the Confederate flag, but I've heard good and bad about it. I don't care what race a person is who owns a Confederate flag, I just assume that they have their own reasoning and I leave it at that.

I'm a northerner and so I don't come in contact with these things very often and I usually just don't really care.

• It's caused a controversy in the south.

• So I've seen all over my Facebook feed... I prefer not to pay attention to that stuff. It'll pass over and in a few months people will have something else dumb to fight over.

• So true!

• It's like a Jew doing the Nazi salute and saying "Heil Hitler". SMH.

• I don't know, maybe they like the south.

• Nope.

• You probably need to re-read some US history textbooks if you think otherwise. "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts".

• they might like it for reasons that have nothing to do with racism? i guess.