You ever been attracted to a persons photos on a dating site but then had no attraction to them in person?

You ever thought a guy or girl was attractive in their dating site pictures but then when you met them in person, you had no physical attraction at all?

I kinda blame them for using misleading pictures and while appearance isn't everything, they still gotta be somewhat attractive. It just kinda puts me in an awkward position because it's like usually the girls a lot fatter than her pictures where it's noticeable and you wanna end the date right away and sometimes they'll wanna go further and you don't wanna tell them you don't find them physically attractive.

I just don't get the point with using misleading pictures. I mean it's one thing to look your best in your pictures and then it's another thing to flat out misrepresent yourself where you get people to like you for something you aren't or used to be.

Most Helpful Girl

• This happened once with a guy I think the picture I was drooling over was taken at a good angle it made him look different but when we met he didn't look that way in person. In the pics I could tell he was tall and slender but he clothes wore made him look heavier so he was actually very skinny. He wore bigger clothes so he didn't look so skinny and I hate to say this but looked emaciated in person but I still gave him a chance and we were together for 8 months I don't think I'm a very photogenic person with my glasses on sometimes I can get a good shot but without them It's all about the light and certain poses.

• I actually had the opposite happen. One time a girl took pictures at an angle, put in her profile that she had a few extra pounds body type but her pics were at an angle yet full body and the first 2 dates she wore a jacket that somehow managed to hide how fat she really was and then when I went to her house for the 3rd date, she wore a t shirt and she had rolls upon rolls of fat and I felt no attraction at all. Weird how that works.

• Clearly weight is not something you can get away with lying about eventually people find out you are hiding fat or bones lol there is no point in lying :( I don't know why they do it

• Yeah it's like people are gonna like what you have or they won't. It's better to be rejected up front then hide something only to be disappointed in person.

What Girls Said 5

• It has never happened to me, but I've seen the opposite: people who aren't photogenic but are actually very pretty.

• Yeah I've had that happen where a person is ok looking in pictures and then even better looking in real life.

• But generally, a lot of girls I've met take pictures at angles, face shots, old pictures and say they're average, curvy or put prefer not to say and then I meet them and they're a lot fatter as if I wouldn't notice.

• Really, I was told I look miles better in real life. I'm not photogenic. Though I did meet a guy who looked better in real life. I guess its the pick of the draw.

• I've had that happen a few times but usually it's been the girls been a lot fatter than she appeared in her pics. That being said there have been girls who I knew were a little chubby going in, but that's the thing I knew going in.

• Yes, but mine isn't the case of a misleading pic. Just lacking romantic vibes I guess.

• What are romantic vibes to you?

One time I met up with a girl who seemed very interested and was hitting me up all day until our first date and then when we had the actual date, it was awkward. She seemed very disinterested and creeped out even though I didn't say anything weird or creepy nor did I use any misleading pictures. I partially blame it on the bar being very noisy with live music. First date is always about getting to know each other and if you can't talk due to outside distractions then it does get awkward.

• Just, like, the click. Not everyone "gets" each other, you know.

• No, but I've had guys I was on the fence about go that way - they seemed ok in pics, but I just wasn't feeling it when I met them.

I've never thought someone would be really cute and they weren't cute at all though.

• Yeah it happens a bit. I just see no point in using misleading pics. You're not gonna be able to hide if you're fat, short, etc if you plan on meeting the person in real life.

• Oh geez. People going on and on about their exes are so bad as dates!

• The worst thing about the situation was she was super manipulative. She would chase me and beg for my attention a lot but as soon as I showed interest back, she'd back off and act like I was clingy and needy which was bullshit. She'd get so sensitive when I was being sarcastic and when I liked her back, she ditched without any explanation, went back to the ex she complained about and acted like nothing happened between us. Even when I called her out on being two faced when she got back with her ex, she victimized herself and said I was being a jealous asshole and I should move on.

• i haven't ever tried it. but im sure that would happen with my picture. hahahaha

What Guys Said 2

• That is the dilemma of dating sites you are trusting the other person is putting accurate information on their profile while it is human nature to pick your best photo

• Right but what I'm saying is there's a difference between putting your best photo and just a flat out misleading photo. Like a fat girl making it look
      Iike she's skinny.

• Or a short guy acting like he's tall

• Happened to me. She sent me an old pic where she was much skinnier... Dont know how shed think I wouldn't notice lmao... Oh well, was a good lay anyways

• I had that happen once where a girl looked skinny in photos, obviously old, but she was a little chubby though still cute when I met her in person but yeah the weight difference was definitely noticeable. Her stomach jiggled so much that her bellybutton looked like it was talking when she walked. Still a good lay though.