Im emancipated can I buy alcohol?

As the question says I'm 16 and I have been emancipated could I buy alcohol or cigarette? Legal age is 18 but I'm an 'adult' could I do it help

Most Helpful Guy

• lol cmon now, if you're 16 stay away from cigarettes and don't go nuts with the booze, stay in school and dont get pregnant before 25 plz!

• Not to be a bitch but it's my life if I wanna get drunk I'll get drunk if I wanna get high I'll get high

• You're right, I'm not trying to be judgmental but I've seen more than enough people (men and women) that age throw away reason just for the sake of acting like an adult who drinks and smokes for the reason of thinking that makes you more mature. If you want to do it, it's absolutely your choice and wasn't trying to imply permission, just be safe out there. This is all coming from a former partier.

What Guys Said 15

• Just because you're emancipated, doesn't make it legal for you to buy alcohol. If the legal age is 18, then the legal age is 18 - emancipated or not. Same thing here - if the legal age is 21, but you're 18 (legally an adult) - then you still can't buy alcohol at 18.

• I wish I could I'll have someone buy me it

• Why are you so desperate to drink alcohol? It's really not as great as people make it out to be. I certainly can live without it, and I have for quite a while now.

• No, no you can't. As the others have been saying. I work at a bar. I go strictly by birth date. If you live where alcohol is 18, you're lucky - here it's 21.

• No you can't. You're not an adult or legal, you're just responsible for yourself and don't rely on parents.

• You're not an adult just because you've emancipated, you're still 16, so you can't buy alcohol or cigarettes, not yet.

• I'm technically an adult though :(

• You are responsible for yourself. No adult has a say in how you live your life.

But you have to obey laws regarding the purchase of controlled things like alcohol, tobacco and firearms. Business will still expect you to demonstrate financial responsibility in entering into contracts (credit cards, auto rental, motel stays).

By the way, why did a court declare you emancipated?

• You have some rights adults have, but not all of them. For example here in the US, you're an adult at age 18, but you still can't buy alcohol (stupid, I know).

• You are emancipated from your parents not society so tobaccco/alcohol still stands

• emancipation doesn´t mean you´re "above the law". feeling adult and actually being an adult are totally different things.

• I didn't say I was above the law I was just curious

• that´s really dangerous though... you can fall for addiction this way really fast.

• I'll be fine

• being emancipted means u can take care of your self and ur independent. nothing to do with legal age for buy alcohol/ cigs

• Not in the United States.

• Ha, nope. You're still a kid.

• NOPE. The law is the law and it won't bend on that.

• 16 and adult?
    Hasty, you are. You should ask yourself that same question in 5 years

I think it is possible to get those things... But I don't recommend it, it's just junk

• it doesn't matter whether your an emancipated child, the legal age is 18. Just cos you're an "adult" due to be emancipated doesn't mean your above the age limit

• That sucks then 😔 wanted to get drunk

• It's fun with friends

• It might sound fun but it isn't i've been to uni and seen too many friends drunk it's not fun to watch them puke all over the street when they've had too much

• No. Emancipation has nothing to do with whether the law considers you old enough to drink.

• You shouldn't but probably a lot of sellers would sell you alcohol. And I think a lot of people at age of 16 drink some alcohol... :)

• no, you cannot.

What Girls Said 5