What would you do if you were dating someone and you didn't like their kids?

What if these kids were very ignorent and didn't give your partner the time of day, even tho they were their parent. You love your partner very much and it hurts you to see them get treated like this. Like they dont matter. And you were fed up with this behavior. Would you stay with them? What if they disrespected you or they didn't like you. Would you still stay? Would you expect your partner to do something about it or would you shut your mouth and stay with them and stay quiet? I'm curious?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't date them if I had a problem with kids

What Guys Said 3

• That is every older dater's nightmare not getting on with your GF/BF's kids - I wouldn't hold much hope for survival of relationship, kids have to come first.

• beyond any major decision you should talk to ur partner auto it and let out ur concerns.

• I'd certainly say something, if you haven't. No need to put up with that.

• I have said something. He still keeps trying to be close to his kids. Their his kids I do understand that. But they treat him like he's nothing and he figures as their dad he should still be there for them... I have told him enough is enough that he needs to put his foot down and let them come to him. To at least show they give a damn about him. But he continues to do it. We got into a huge argument over this and I have really been trying to be understanding with his situation. He does stick up for me to the kids but he constantly messages them and tells them he loves them every night. And ask them to call him and for them to come over but they don't respond or come over. But when they need something they come running to dad. I just don't get it. And I don't get it, how he basically let's them shit on him. Ugh... I'm fed up with them. But I really don't know what to do. I love him. :(

What Girls Said 1

• Sorry to say but that is what destroyed my Aunt's marriage. Her kids and his kids hated each other, his kids hated her, the mother of his kids told them to disrespect her. You may want to stay if you care about him, but it is a ticking time bomb. If he can't control his own children and how they feel about him, or allow them to be disrespectful it's never going to work. You will end up resenting his children for disrespecting you and resent him for not doing anything about it.