Does every religion have terrorism?

Like title says, does every religion have terrorism, an extremist group? Like Christianity KKK, Islam ISIS, Judaism Zionism. Let's not forget about Game of Thrones and the Sons of the Harpy... lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Terrorism doesn't belong to any religion, race or ethnicity, anyone can be a terrorist regardless of what their religious beliefs are or where they are from.

• That's true, but terrorists claim their act is from their religion?

• Thank you for MHO, I'm Muslim by the way.

• You're welcome brother!

What Girls Said 6

• lol yes every religion has both bad/extremist along with good as well.

• Exactly right that's human instinct though. With good comes evil, if that's a HUMAN instinct, isn't religion from a god? Not humans? Stupid humans that's why aliens won't visit us

• Yup, exactly lol.

I've always thought what if aliens do exist and they see how stupid humans are, so they think we're lower than them, they probably look at us and go "wow they're just fucked up animals, killing each other off" so they don't think twice about us lol

• Well, maybe not Jainism.

• You forgot the Buddhist terrorists who kill Muslims in Asia. But atheism also has terrorists.

• You're right I forgot about that!!! So that means the answer to my question is yes? Lol

• Because religion is used to justify terrible actions and beliefs. Thats why religion is the worst thing to happen to the world. If it disappeared the world would be a better place. Fuck religion and religious people who try to shove it down your throat.

• Yeah probably except Buddhism lmao

• You're right lol actually I never heard of Buddhism doing terrorist acts. But I studied something about it, if you're Buddhist tell me if I'm wrong. Buddha is not a god, he's a supernatural human being, that worships the Hindu god. From a documentary lol

• Killing Muslims under that? people like using religion as an excuse to do evil things

• Yeah exactly. In the name of... blah blah blah... They kill each other lol

• Yea. Every country and religion has got a story of fucked up things they've done tbh. People are just messed up sometimes, from day one til now.

• The whole world is ducked up right? We should just have like a huge 6billionsome and cuddle up. Make love not war ;) lol

What Guys Said 6

• Sort of... but "extremist" is sort of a misnomer term.

For example the definition of an extremist is someone that takes their belief seriously and takes action with it. A Christian by definition is a follower of Christ to be like him. A True Christian extremist would be one that is like Christ and protecting human values that wouldn't objectively exist to begin with without Christianity. I. e. the equal human dignity of every human person and the value of life etc.

However... there are a minority, Christianity is a religion of 2.7 billlion people and with the relatively rare amount of "terrorists" within it as the biggest is the KKK which is often looked as a joke and not taken seriously within Christianity at 10,000 members... thats less than 0.03% of the religion.

But yes every individual has the potential to be terrorists because people are imperfect and sinners. But with atheism, there are occasional terrorist individuals but rather than a large group of people. Atheist terror groups tend to happen with whole societies generally. I. e in The atheist soviet union, north korea, in many ways china (which holds the majority of the worlds atheists although reducing). But all people are capable of evil

• Terrorists more often than not are an aggressive vocal minority who use violence to corrupt ideals of nationalism, religion etc.

• Any religion can be perverted and used as an excuse/justification for terroristic behavior. Some religions have that occur much more often than others and, obviously, Islam is what has been hijacked and used as an excuse most recently.

• I think there were christians who were baby killers... I know it's cruel

I think every religion has their extremists

• That's so sad!!! Reminds me of a biblical story about the Pharaoh and Moses

• Lmfao hahaha😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

• These jokes are dark xD

• Probably most but I don't think there can be terrorism in Jainism.. Some Jains cover their mouths or sweep a path to avoid killing smaller creatures. An extremist Jain would be so peaceful to the point of being afraid to get out of bed in the morning. Might kill some peaceful bacteria with every step! :D

• Yes every religion has there extremist even atheism.

• Atheism isn't a religion I think. According to an atheist friend of mine, it's believing in a god, but in no religion lol!