I want to start reading again, what are some good books?

I like fantasy, sci-fi, romance, crime, a lot of fiction basically. I'd be open to non-fiction if you highly recommend it.
Any books about design (graphic) or programming I'm into that too, and would like to learn more.

What are books that you've enjoyed or found helpful?

Most Helpful Girl

• This isn't a book, its actually one of the only animes i've ever seen because it was on Netflix, but its called sword art online, its in the future a bit, where they have these games where you put on a headpiece and you can dive into the game, you're inside the game and you can taste, touch, etc. So what happens is all the people which is like thousands, get stuck in the game and end up being stuck in it for 2 years, they have to defeat the bosses on like 100 levels to get out of the game, and their time is limited because their real bodies irl which are in hospitals are suffering from blood clots, starvation, etc. So it does have romance, action, fantasy, gaming.
    The End games was also a really good book!

• Both excellent suggestions. I am pretty big on anime and manga and sword art online is really awesome.

I just looked up The End Games and it looks like something I would really enjoy. I'm looking forward to reading that now. Thanks for the awesome suggestions!

• No problem! :)

What Guys Said 7

• Tailchaser's Song - Tad Williams
    Ringworld - Larry Niven
    Spellsinger Series - Alan Dean Foster
    Ogre, Ogre - Piers Anthony
    On A Pale Horse - Piers Anthony
    Getting Started With Visual C# - Tony Gaddis (I use this in my introductory programming classes and it goes over well)

• I've heard good things about Spellsinger, I will definitely check that out. As well as On a Pale Horse looks cool, gotta love anything about death.

Wow, I'm actually learning c++ from a Gaddis book, I'll have to check out his others. It does do a good job explaining c++.

• A Song of Ice and Fire

• Haha I did read all the books and I was soo pissed about the lackluster battles and minimal whitewalker appearances and everything.

• Well, even if you have seen the movie, Dune is the best SciFi book ever written. It is excellent. Frank Herbert is the author.

• I like Animorphs.

• Just looked it up, and it looks really interesting. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Going a little old school. xD

• Haha yes, the covers remind me of the goosebumps covers for some reason even though they look different.

• Well they were both from the Scholastic Book Fairs in the 90 and early 2000's so yeah.

• The Millenium Trilogy - Stieg Larsen

• Mein Kempf

• Interesting, a look into the mind of a man who tried to rule the world.

• do androids dream of electronic sheep

What Girls Said 3

• Read Imager, by L. E. Mosesitt. I had never read a fantasy book and my boyfriend suggested it. It was very well written. It has quite an interesting beginning, with a lot of characterization and detail. It was very well written. You won't regret reading them.
    There are three books in the series: Imager, Imager's Challenge, and Imager's Intrigue. My library has all three for digital download but I dont know if yours does. You can get it at Amazon through this link:

www.amazon.com/.../0765320347?tag=thofwelemojr-20

• Sounds very cool, another thing I'm into is the whole spy thing haha. Another book I get to add to my reading list!

• This isn't about spies, though. It is about a young man who learns that he possesses a form of magic called Imaging. It is a lot more than that. Try it, you will really enjoy it!

• 0|0
  • try the hunger games.

• Thanks, I read that in high school though. They were okay, anything similar would be cool.