How bad is it to have an awkward relationship with your dad?

i know this is kinda sad but me and my dad i dont thiknk we've EVER been alone together just the 2 of us. we were at a resturaunt and my mom and sister had to go to the bathroom and they left us alone and we had absolutely nothing to say to each other. im 16 almost 17. and my mom is just always with us. we speak to each other in groups but never 1 on 1. im not even kidding it was fucking awkward. is this going to affect me in the future?

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't been alone just the 2 of us, mostly cuz I've never met that deadbeat asshole.

What Guys Said 2

• It only will if you let it bother you... try finding common ground and connecting to his interest I was the same way with my dad not the same circumstances but he was totally different still is but we find a way to make conversation just ask relevant questions and you guys will be fine.

• That must be hard for you I am sorry

What Girls Said 0