Could you share your experience with psychologists if you have ever gone through a psychological support?

I feel the need go to see a psychologist because I doubt I could deal with what is on my mind on my own. I have tried to, but some uneasiness remains.
I just fear I could not open up with a stranger as I am shy, and even with my closest friends, I struggle to put how I feel into words. Furthermore, I don't know why, but I fear that talking with a psychologist would make me feel worse than how I already feel.
So, for those of you who have already been through a psychological support, was it really efficient? What is the difference between talking to a psychologist and talking to any other random person? How did they make you feel?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is hard at first to open up to a psychologist but after a few sessions you grow to be more comfortable with them. And yes at first it will be hard to relive certain things as you talk about them but in the long run its for the better

The difference with talking to psychologists is that they know how to read you (your mood/body language) and how to properly help you to deal with things.

At first it made me feel awkward and broken (like there was something wrong with me for having to see a psychologist). But after a while i just got over it because i was finally starting to heal, to be able to deal with things.

• Did you heal only by talking with them, or did they make you do some other things? Also, is it a real conversation that you hold with them, or are you the only one talking and responding to their questions? Do they give opinions and such?

• Alright, well, thank you very much for your help! I am more reassured now :)

• No problem, hope all works out well for you :)

What Guys Said 3

• They are trained to guide through process - It will feel like a normal conversation but if you analysed you would see you are being led through conversation.

• I've done the therapy thing. The answer is that they are trained with techniques that can help you help yourself. By the end kind of like a paid friend

• A psychologist is a good neutral third party.

What Girls Said 2

• I went to a psychologist for 2 years because I had anorexia! It was tough because I was so stubborn, but they actually know what they are doing! And if you listen to them it'll go by quicker and you will feel better about yourself and may not have to go anymore 🌸😊

• How did they react to the fact that you were stubborn?

• they dont help at all.