Does anyone really believe the saying "Money can't buy Happiness "?

It would buy me a whole lot of it , you just need to know where to shop. like maybe I could save my house from the bank taking it for instance

Most Helpful Girl

• You can buy happiness with money yes, but materialistic happiness tends to not last as long. It's very temporary, so you'd have to keep spending your money to get that same rush of happiness. Long-lasting happiness usually is more about experiences, personal success, relationships, friendships etc. and you can't really buy those things with money.

• You have some valid points about money that I never thought of , I don't have many friends, just acquaintances and co workers I talk to but it definitely take care of my situation

• Your absolutely right, I figured you deserved MHO also but wasn't allowed at the time to pick both, thank you for great opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Not one fuck. That saying is a socially engineered saying to keep the poor from questioning the reality of having money. Yes, I admit if you don't know what you want from life and you are rich but empty, that saying is valid. But that works for any person (poor or rich). If you rich, you can travel (if love travelling), you can get women (if you can't get women), you have bargaining power (if you want to make deals), the possibilities are endless with money. In summary, money gets you those situations that make you happy.

• Yeah I figured I'd throw that out there to see if everyone feels the same way as I do since I know I would if I had it

• Old question but just now got picked as MHO and I'd like to put my 2 cents in here: although money can get you those things, I'd like to think that the rush of happiness is much greater when those things are harder to get. Especially getting a woman. Because if you get a woman when you're poor or average, then at least you'll know she actually likes you for who you are. But if you just "buy" a woman, you'll know that she will most likely never like you for you, only like you for your money. And that's actually incredibly saddening in my opinion. This applies to materialistic things too. When I've worked super hard for something and saved up for it, I always enjoyed and appreciated having that thing more, compared to something I bought when I was more financially stable and could easily afford it.

• @LightsOff wish I could find someone like you since I did start out that way with her too but she is leaving me years later for someone with more money thinking it will be better for her with the kids. Now you know who I am if you ever have any ideas you could private message me anytime

What Girls Said 4

• “Money won’t make you happy”

Yeah, financial stability is just horrible

-____-

• It can't buy happiness but it sure does help.

• It can buy happiness if you buy gifts for the poor.

• its true though.

What Guys Said 3

• I got a higher paying job, but I don't like working there any more than my previous job. I like better financial stability, but joy from money can run out really fast.

• I totally believe it - I have seen some very miserable rich people

• I'd rather be miserably rich than miserably poor like I am now

• I believe that. Because if money can buy happiness, then all the problems had being solved by now. It is a true happiness if 1. we can live positively without money,2. knowing what was important than money and 3. Spend wise on your money and help others in need.