Is it wrong that I don't want a biological child?

I do want a kid someday, but i'd only do it trough adoption. A lot of people say it's wrong and that i should appreciate the fact that i could even be able to get pregnant and all that.

I have my reasons

- I'm asexual
- I have Asperger's syndrome and don't want to pass it on to my child
- More family's mental issues i don't want the kid to have to deal with too
- Some of my physical genes (shallow, i know)
- There are so many babies needing a good home
- Pregnancy and childbirth in general
- There's a 50/50 gender chance, and i don't think i could raise a girl very well

Sure there are lots of good things about it, and adoption isn't easy, but i just don't want a biological child. Do you think that's bad?

• Wrong
  • Okay
  • Indifferent

Most Helpful Girl

• No! That's not wrong at all. There are so many children in the system who need to find loving families and be adopted. I think it's absolutely wonderful that you would consider adoption as an option. I'm currently interning at a foster care/adoption agency. I work first-hand with children in the system and while some of them do have issues (behavioral or otherwise), they just want to be loved. A lot of them come from really bad backgrounds and have never had a real loving adult who genuinely wants them. It's heartbreaking to me but hearing good-hearted people say they would adopt is always so amazing to me. So I say definitely go for it if you think that's what you want :)

What Guys Said 9

• I have no huge problem just that adoption is so hard and expensive theses days

• It's pretty noble of you because there are so many children that need a good home. Though I want biological children I do understand why you wouldn't. As long as you raise the child right and are a good mom I see no problem

• I don't see anything wrong in this.

• Go for what you want in life. YOLO.

• If u dont want one its ur body

• No need to give explanations, it's your life and your choice. It's completely okay.

• Or could it just be that you don't want to go through the pain of childbirth. I think that's the real excuse!

• The pain of reading that sentence was probably as equal to childbirth.

• It's you're life any you can give a loving home to an orphan who might not otherwise be so lucky!

• Same. I doubt I'll ever have a kid but if I change my mind, he'll be adopted

What Girls Said 16

• It's not horrible of u at all. God gives each of us that choice. I believe He put a special love inside u for children that aren't urs by blood. However it happens, they'll be forever yours. TThere's kids out there that are/will be waiting for ur arrival to take on the role as their new mother

• Why would that be wrong?

• You sound mature and unselfish♡

• no its better bnc too many kids need homes and people won't adopt bc they only want their own special genes. m, ore people should adopt though nothing stropping with aspergers or being asexual. why doit you think you could raise a girl?

• That is definitely not wrong. I don't want to have children either, but I do want them to be mine. Childbirth and such just scares the hell out of me. I also have some issues that I don't want to pass down, so I may end up needing to adopt as well.

• It's okay I want a kid someday and I know labor and pregnancy is going to be 9 months and 12 hours (give or take) of hell and pregnancy is going to ruin my body but I really want to have a biological child so if you want to miss out on the things I stated above that is OK

• I think more people should consider adoption in the first place, like you said there are so many children who need homes and I think it's an awesome thing for you to consider.

• Its actually great there are many children that were accidents that deserve to have love.

• No child is an accident. Unwanted and unplanned, but nvr an accident.

• You can get yourself sterilized if you are putting yourself on the table here about this...

• Not at all, it's your personal choice.

• Perhaps it's even a good thing - offering a better life to someone in need who is already alive.

• I think it's a great idea. Follow your heart. Don't let anyone else tell you any different :)

• No, it's not wrong to think ahead.

• That is fine. You just need a way of raising money for adoption.

• Yes, it's ok.

• go for what makes you comfortable :) just make sure you won't regret it in the end..