I do want a kid someday, but i'd only do it trough adoption. A lot of people say it's wrong and that i should appreciate the fact that i could even be able to get pregnant and all that.
I have my reasons
- I'm asexual
- I have Asperger's syndrome and don't want to pass it on to my child
- More family's mental issues i don't want the kid to have to deal with too
- Some of my physical genes (shallow, i know)
- There are so many babies needing a good home
- Pregnancy and childbirth in general
- There's a 50/50 gender chance, and i don't think i could raise a girl very well
Sure there are lots of good things about it, and adoption isn't easy, but i just don't want a biological child. Do you think that's bad?
- Wrong0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- Okay90% (35)84% (16)88% (51)Vote
- Indifferent10% (4)16% (3)12% (7)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
No! That's not wrong at all. There are so many children in the system who need to find loving families and be adopted. I think it's absolutely wonderful that you would consider adoption as an option. I'm currently interning at a foster care/adoption agency. I work first-hand with children in the system and while some of them do have issues (behavioral or otherwise), they just want to be loved. A lot of them come from really bad backgrounds and have never had a real loving adult who genuinely wants them. It's heartbreaking to me but hearing good-hearted people say they would adopt is always so amazing to me. So I say definitely go for it if you think that's what you want :)3