Do you think he likes me or are these red flags?

So I went on a date with a guy who came across as very intelligent, confident etc. He was very pedantic about the fact he wanted to pick me up, and pay for everything, we had some coffee, he then took me to see a movie in which he insisted it probably isn't the best thing to do on a first date, and then we had dinner and a few drinks afterwards. He did the 'Palm reading' where he looked and spoke about my palms- the difference between his and mine. At many times during the night he would cuddle up to me and kiss me on the forehead and hold my hand-this was further into the night as we obviously both felt more comfortable. We talked about everything, he spoke about what he wants in a relationship and that is not looking to fool around. He spoke about what he wants in a girl. We are of different cultures and he said he's always wanted to end up with a Caucasian woman (he's Asian)-he's dated a few. We both freely spoke about his culture and that its great we can both get along great, he mentioned that we both clicked and had a connection and asked if I felt the same. He was very opened about his work and spoke about it for quite sometime. He told me I was very attractive. At one point that sort of alarmed me was that he indirectly spoke about us having a relationship (he's 30, I'm 10 years younger) and that he talked about that if he's going to be in a relationship, he would like the lady to live with him, not sure if he meant before marriage or not.

Anyway all went well, he dropped me home and asked if he could do something tomorrow (today) after work, I told him we should do something tomorrow night. He then called me a few minutes ago saying he was in the area and wanted to pick me up?

Most Helpful Girl

• ... At one point that sort of alarmed me was that he indirectly spoke about us having a relationship...
    With my own wise as an owl Telepathy here, dear, yes, 'Red flag' are being Raised not only on the wall and all but In your own mind.
    This could very well be a case, which is moving too fast with its face, that when he gets you in his clutches, gets you where he wants you, he will become this Controlling boyfriend and not really A... Soul mate.
    If you want to begin a right beguine 'Right' from the start, be your own straw boss, set the record straight that you just want to go slow with the flow and nurture and nurse This before jumping feet first into unknown waters.
    You already can read his hand and you don't have to be this palm reader to see something is not right in Denmark.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 5

• wow an entire and entirely irrelevant story just to find out that your question "he told me how to dress" is not even what he actually told you

i feel cheated

anyway he has "suggested" to you a "clothing style", which is a hint at the sort of thing you are going to do. it means you are not going to fancy restaurant. this is polite behaviour so as to make sure you aren't wearing somethin uncomfortable for the event

• I'm Asian so without getting into a complex argument, try to recall the cultural differences between Asia and the US. Personally, I say if you like the way he is treating you, keep going. If you don't want him and he is pushing you a ton, then its no bueno. You can email me if you're extra curious about it superphily@yahoo. com

• Sorry I see red flags everywhere in this story

• He can't possibly know all that stuff is true after one date. He is moving far too fast. Big red flags.

• Sounds like he came on pretty strong, but if you're okay with that cool.

He was probably being polite telling you to dress casual. Being over dressed can be just as embarrassing as being under dressed.

What Girls Said 3

• Eek sounds a little desperate to me I think it's red flags in his culture quick marriage might be common so I would try to avoid him falling in love with you if you don't want that kind of commitment right now

• i don't really see a red flag... for how long do you know each other?

• This "question" was only asked yesterday.