Does driving a truck save you from dying in a car crash?

It seems like since they're bigger, nothing happens to truck drivers.

Most Helpful Guy

• it certainly doesn't hurt. but they tip earier. Theyare built of welded steel instead of a stamped out unibody. It is more than weight. They are built better.

What Guys Said 5

• You can die in any vehicle. However in a collision with a smaller sedan you would most likely come on with less injury.

• I drive a truck, and yes they are safer to some extent for a few reasons. Trucks are built to not break and to be beatup because the people that drive them usually end up beating them up from jobs, off-roading, crap like that. Even further people who drive trucks have to (in general, not crazy drivers like me) drive safer because 1) their vehicle doesn't go as fast 2) their vehicle has a crap turn radius 3) like someone else said they flip easier, they have a higher center of gravity so turn over easier. 4) trucks often times are loaded down with cargo

• To a degree but a truck can just be as dangerous in other ways

• Lol... That makes us two 😂😂😂 i prefer having my own Boeing 787 lol. 😂

• I would assume your more likely to survive a crash in a truck.

• Your not invincible but it's safer. If you hit a semi your screwed no matter what you drive but being in a truck makes it more likely that you'll be the bigger vehicle when you get into a crash.

What Girls Said 2

• It saves you from dying in a car crash, but not from a truck crash.

• not always.