Do Christians believe that when you die you will right away go to heaven or hell or you only go to the afterlife on Judgement Day?

I am just curious to know and see if its different than what Muslims beleive.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my religion you go to a spirit realm for lack of a better word until the judgement day. You will continue to learn and grow and even have opportunities for forgiveness there.

• Wow that's awesome lol :P what kind of Christian are you? Baptist?

• Never hear of him I actually don't know that much about Mormonism do you think you could teach me? I am not religious, but I do like to learn about other religions, but I do believe there is a higher power.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly thats were slot if differences in Christians come from, some say we wait some say we go straight to heaven. Personally i think we go straight to our individual judgment and then to heaven and that "judgement day" is for the day jesus comes back and judges all those still on earth. However if i am wrong i would have no problem accepting that as this is a very gray area

What Girls Said 1

• Thats highly subjective to the christian, everyone has a different interpretation of scripture. Im partial to the judgement day theory

What Guys Said 7

• You go straight away, you don't want until the rapture to go to heaven or hell, though after judgement day and the final battle, heaven in a sense will descend down to earth and become part of it, the holy city of new Jerusalem in heaven will come down to earth and that is were we will be. Though we won't be restricted to that city, we will be able to go quite literally anywhere we want, so the world will basically become what god always envisioned it to be which was the garden of Eden, and that will be I guess you could say the final heaven.

I hope that helps or gives you an idea at least.

• I actually have no idea what any of them, Christian, Muslim, etc, believe the process is.

• Don't christians have limbo or purgatory as well.

• that is a catholic thing. I know that Mormons have a version of purgatory too. I assume that the Episcopalians do too but I am not sure.

• The Bible says our spirits rest in the earth until judgment day. We will all be judged at once.

• I guess u know what I think?

• Yeah I do feel free to share your opinion though or say something that maybe I don't know.

• Okay thanks

• You're welcome 😀

• only a fixed number of 44 thousand go while the rest wait for resurrection... assuming you're not still alive.

• They believe you go right away. But they dont have the shortcuts Muslims have. (It isn't how much good vs. how much evil... with that Martyr "get out of jail free" card muslims have.)

• Wow that's harsh in Islam you go to hellfire or heaven after judgment day.

• I think others also believe that hell is just a "cleansing"-process of the soul for the bad things you've done in your life which corrupted your soul.

Don't pin me down on it though.

• Yeah, and the Mormons have a version of hell called outer darkness. They also have different levels in heaven for different goodness levels of the person.