Why does someone blocks me? Just because I don't think being Americam is something to be proud of?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• I can't say for sure without knowing exactly who blocked you and seeing the dialogue that may have led up to it. My guess is that the delivery of your thoughts and the way you choose to express how you feel is simply unappealing, foul, rude, or outright mean-spirited. Therefore total strangers opt out of having you in the future as apart of their online environment here.

• It was a question about straight pride...

• I am not anti america!!

• Well alrighty lol

• I don't think being someone who can't spell is something to be proud of. Learn how to spell "American". I'm blocking you.

... Lol. Just kidding. People block for a lot of reasons on here. I honestly consider that to be pretty childish. I can be childish as well but that's one of the things that I wouldn't ever do is block someone (first. I block people who block me back. It's fun to see how many people have blocked me).

• Yes very childish in my opion.

Still have to get used to use my tablet lol

• I have no idea why they blocked you.

But what is wrong with being proud of your country regardless of where you're from?

I'm sure that people here from Countries that are not allies with the U. S. are proud to be from those countries. Good for them.

• You have no influence on where you are born that is whhy

• I also support the sport's men and women from my country

• One American Did, however put you back on, @vekin.:)) xx

• maybe you offended them.

• I've noticed too many people get butthurt and block when you say your opinion.
    I've been blocked for pointing out bullshit and for my religion.

Whatever helps them sleep at night, I don't honestly care. lol

• Because they want to.

• 'Why does someone blocks me' - bro, learn how to speak, k?

What Guys Said 16

• That is so wrong, they have so many thing to be proud of!

Largest % of population in prisons.
    Highest national debt in the world.
    Highest military expenses in the world, but still manage to develop sub-par (and sometimes inferior) weaponry.
    Were #1 on amount of rapes happening per year for a long time, until Sweden stole 1st place from them.
    #1 on obesity.
    Managed to bomb over 50 countries in less than 100 years!
    The only ones to ever actually use nukes!
    And so much more.

What not to be proud of?

• Cause they don't agree with your stupid comment and don't accept other's opinions.
    Your comment is stupid, but it's your opinion, and I would never block someone for expressing their opinion, but some people don't think that way.
    I've been blocked by people just because of that, cause we had different opinions.

• There's one here who wrote he'd do that (not mentioning you in particular.)
    I experienced a few others doing it too.

• Dude, I was blocked this morning by a guy who is obsessed with the idea that feminism is holding back laboratories and research to produce male birth control pills. I thought I was having a nice discussion actually and then I asked him a few questions and he just blocked me, couldn't follow up.

People can't stand different opinions, so obviously they will resort to hold you back otherwise they'll turn angry I guess.

To answer your specific concern. I think people should be proud of their own accomplishments only, and not because they just happen to belong to a particular country or ethnicity. If you have contributed to your own country then great, feel proud about it, but if you haven't done shit then there's no real reason to be proud of it.

• That would be something worth talking about. Feminists would actually support the male birth control pill as it would support their agenda for women not to be stuck with a child before they are ready. It would cut back the number of teen mothers that destroy their chances at a good education, or career by getting pregnant.

For the most part feminists want men to be able to take on greater responsibility in birth control because they don't like having to handle most of the responsibility. Where men see it as being unfair that women have more reproductive power, feminists see it as being unfair they have more responsibility. So both sides feel they are getting the short end of the stick. So I think the male birth control pill would actually be something most feminists would embrace.

• People block for the oddest of reasons.

• Because some people are fucking pussies, I'm a proud American and that means I have to listen and respect other opinions. Some people have brains the size of my bald eagle's left but and dumber than my wax Abe Lincoln is tall. If they block you, don't worry too much, they just learned that gays and women can be just as bad as men, and that they are too old for vwlcro shoes.

God Bless and have a free day

• You are American? If you are not then how could you possibly have an opinion on American nationalism? I take pride in my hometown because it's mine and I have way to many good memories. It's not a perfect country but it's all about what YOU make of your life.

• Just don't think about it. Let them be trapped in their immature mindset

• Anti-Americanism is so tedious.

• Who is?

• You said people can't help where they were born - well, that goes both ways.

There's a lot of Europeans jumping on the 'hating Americans out of sheer ignorance' bandwagon, and it's not limited to GaG. Like I said, it's really tiresome reading the same well-worn criticisms and I'd consider blocking someone just to not have to see them for the millionth time.

• I am not anti america, america has free us with Canada and i am thankfull for that

• Same reason why you get blocked and reported for anything on here.

• He is a kid, why would you care?

• Most people are close minded and are just that stupid.

• Some people take stuff like that to heart. Especially 'Americams'

• bitch ass nigguh u obviously jelly cuz u ain't American

• Because people get brainwashed to love their country as a child. The mental programming is much worse if they have any links to the military even if that link is just a loved on in the armed forces. After all no one wants to admit their brave, honorable, solder, that they love is really just a hit man for big business. This means they have to emotionally invest into their country far more than they should.

Although in your case it sounds more like you were purposely trying to insult someone, since your comment had nothing to do with the question. It sounds like they didn't support gay pride and therefore you decided to attack them about something they might feel proud about. I assume they just blocked you rather than to deal with a person that they felt was trying to be insulting to them.

• Also comment wasn't even a good comparison, because people don't choose their sexuality. Sexuality is just something that exists. A lot of people however do choose to become a citizen of a country. They also choose not to leave their country and to remain a part of it. Even though I don't take any pride in being born here, I can see why people of different values would be proud to be an American if the agree with the values and traditions of this country.

• I wouldn't call it something to be either proud or ashamed of. I didn't have much to do with it.

I've lived in several countries though and I have a very good grasp of history and the U. S. would definitely be near the top of favorite/best countries in almost every way.