Girls, have you ever dated a guy because he was rich?

Be honest here. This is a non judgmental space.

• Yes I have/ I would
    14% (7)
  • No I haven't but I would
    26% (13)
  • No I haven't and I wouldn't
    60% (30)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

28

Most Helpful Girl

• There was this one kid in my school who was filthy rich and his friends always tried to be his wingman and talk about him to me, and literally the only thing they ever talked about to try and get me to like him was how rich he was. The fact alone that he had to have his friends chat me up instead of himself, added on to the fact they had nothing worse saying about him other than how rich he is was enough to make me lose any possible interest I had in him, not that I had any interest before I knew he was rich. It was quite pathetic, really.

What Girls Said 27

• I tried it when I was 19. He was insufferable, though. After three weeks I couldn't stand it anymore and I acted like a jerk so he would break up with me. If only he'd been a little less obnoxious...

• I am sorry you had this experience

• Thanks. :) It was pretty much just part of my whole 'dating' experience. I didn't date until I left for college, and there I met plenty of guys I was interested in dating. Rich guys are just like everyone else; there are nice one and not-so-nice ones, and everything in between.

• I have dated a rich guy before but it was because he was so courteous, respectful, and chivalrous yet completely adventurous, thrilling, and had a wild streak. Him being rich just happened to be apart of who he was but I stuck around because his personality was so intriguing and such a great addition to my daily life :)

• No, but men have dated me because of my bank account, they didn't last. My current boyfriend earns more than I do, but I have a nice mid 6 figure income. Also why are you asking this question anonymously?

• I'm asking anonymously because I put up a lot of questions and I want the same concentration of answers and not have people sick of me hahaha

• LoL, sorta. I already liked the guy, but he became a little more attractive after finding out he was loaded.

• I've never talked to a rich guy, haha. So, I've never developed a romantic relationship with a rich guy. Plus, I'm 20, so even if I did, I highly doubt it would be money he earned.

• Rich guys? Oh yes I'm a gold digger!

38.media.tumblr.com/.../...x8cnsp1t3zfvao1_500.gif

• No, there's this guy who invited me to an EDM concert once since he had VIP tickets and everything but I said no. He had and still has a lottt of money and there were rumors that his girlfriend only dated him because of it but I would personally never do that.
    I really liked him, but not because he was rich.
    He's not all that humble, though. & having so much money causes him to have severe trust issues and think everybody only wants him for interest which sucks.

• I dated a guy and then found out he was rich... and then I found out that because he was rich he had no idea how difficult it was for people like me to make as much money as him... He pretty much spent all my money and I threw my hands up and walked right out of that relationship.

• I have and it was stupid. Just because they're rich, means that they're even stingier than other people. I would never do it again, and I can't relate to them so they seem like total dickheads to me.

• Never have, never would, money doesn't impress me, plus I make my own lol

• I started dating my boyfriend before I found out he was rich. Even now, I make sure he never pays for me.

• No I have to find him attractive

• I have gone on dates with a rich man, but we never became more than friends, because I just wasn't attracted to him enough to sleep with him.

• Just because he is rich no thanks.

• Not really.

• No.
    But I have had a couple of guys hit on me and brag about how much money they had as if I cared.

• God no! It's all about the vibe! What if the rich guy sucks at sex? That would suck

• No, but my mom did. After dad died, she pretty much went around and "dated" every rich guy she could find.

• No a woman would have to be a bottom feeder to ever date a man for his money.

• Nope but i wanna.

• B, assuming he was still otherwise worth dating. Meaning not a jerk.

• Not rich. In debt to the Bank for some half a million? yes.

• I will if it doesn't work out with my current boyfriend. Might as well. There's a lot of rich (on the up and come up/old money) guys that are cute.

My best friend dates this guy who's parents make $250k a year. They've been dating since they were in the 8th grade though so I'm pretty sure she's not gold digging lol, but he's not ugly and he's sweet I'd date him he buys people nice things and is cool to hang out with.
    My cousin dates a rich guy that pays her rent, gas, whatever (they're both 22.. his parents own like half the Japanese restaurants in Florida) he lets her drive his car or whatever she wants and he's cute too. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me

• my mom just left my dad after 30 years of marriage for a rich guy... it happens.

• No I haven't, but I have a friend who would only date guys with money and I have no respect for her. She is essentially a prostitute.

• Being rich, dosen't mean to he's a man of his word. No and I would never do that. Also I'm always avoiding from rich guys, because sometime they're never honest with their opinion's. More money, less reality, nope, I don't want that.

• There are a lot of rich men who think they are It and turn me right off. Money doesn't matter cos I am not entitled to it. Being generous, thoughtful and kind and humblle costs nothing.