Yo whats up with you sidewalk hoggers?

so I wanna know, what makes you think you can take up the whole sidewalk, even though both of us can fit and we are passing each other in opposite directions? I'm bodychecking the next person that does this, its just common manners.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people are self absorbed, on thier phones, talking, just not paying attention etc. Some are actually in deep thought and simply may not notice, they're doing it. But I agree, most people just feel like they're the king of the world. If there legit is no room just shoulder them and don't look back. Sure they'll say "Watch where you're fking going" but ignore them. There is nothing worse than being ignored, especially if these people think they're alpha

What Girls Said 5

• i don't move for people that take up the sidewalk. i'll either stop walking in front of them and stare of i bodycheck.
    rude ass people.

• I thought I was the only one

T. T

But regrettably I am one to hog the sidewalk. That's only because somewhere I read in a book.

"why do people always look down when they are walking but never up?"

or something along those lines.

So after reading that in elementary I made a bad habit of always trying to look straight ahead or up when walking.

I haven't looked back ever since. No pun intended.

• lol I look straight ahead too, I think a lot of people look down because of the sunlight or afraid of dust getting into their eyes. If you look straight ahead wouldn't you notice people more?

• You would think so. But looking ahead doesn't help me hear any better who is behind me quietly seething for me to move.

• i KNOW right?
    i hate dragon formation where people in groups insist on walking side by side, taking up the whole sidewalk. many, many people do that without thinking here.

• Many people have no manners. Another thing I won't miss from highschool.

• lol besides highschool. I'm talking about public places with 25 year olds - 60 year olds

• Yeah people dont have manners.

• feeling entitled

What Guys Said 3

• I must say I have never noticed this only when we both have umbrellas

• lol you look like a tall man, I'm sure you are always the one raising the umbrella

• I am going to be noticing it all the time now LoL

• Some dbags see it as a dominance thing. They literally see themselves like a pack of wolves and if you move out of the way for another person you're the omega wolf. They feel good knowing other guys move out of the way for them. I just assume they have really low IQ.

• lol well if its a pack of people. I'm carrying a knife like 7 inches long. Who's the Alpha now bitches.

• A few years ago, I "bodychecked" a bratty college girl. She and her two friends were walking down the hallway taking up the whole space. They didn't give me any room to pass, so I just shouldered her out of the way. I kept walking.

Their annoyed chattering at me was priceless. "Way to say you're sorry!"

Without turning around, I simply responded "Way to get out of the way!"