Girls, how can I waterproof my makeup?

i have skin problems. i have dark spots from acne and i do get blemishes. i wear a green concealer, a regular concealer, bb cream, and a founation on problematic spots to cover it. i also fill in my brows just a bit. how can i waterproof this stuff without buying new makeup? i honestly can't spend a lot so please try to keep it under $15. i can't spend like 20 bucks just for eyebrows haha. do you ladies have any advice? im going to be swimming and i wouldn't feel too great if all that came off. if you have any advice regarding my skin (acne and spots) that would be great too. thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I use drug store makeup. They have like $7 foundation or concealer or cream and I don't use an expensive eyebrow makeup, what I bought was a store brand eyebrow powder with like a gel pen thing and it doesn't come off easily unless I run really hard. I got my makeup done professionally once and I had makeup on the start and the lady said whatever I had on it was really good because not all of it came off, when I take off my make-up I sorta have to run kinda hard to get it all of and at that sometimes I still have some. I got that eyebrow stuff at Wal-Mart for about $7 there is waterproof mascara for as low as $4 at any store that sells makeup. It's a pink and black or green bottle. I think if you wanted a water proof eyeliner that'd be a little more expensive though, I haven't really seen any at all

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think that is possible unless you buy water proof make up that doesn't come off in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if you can waterproof it but you can use primers which will make it last longer

0|0
    0|0
  • Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray works really well, you can also use hairspray to set your makeup. I don't think you can ever make makeup 100% waterproof but these will definitely help a lot :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep your face out of the water? I'm not aware of water proof foundations really

0|0
    0|0
  • there are cheap waterproof make up out there

0|0
    0|0
  • Wearing primer can help enhance your makeup and make it last more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get setting spray to set your makeup so they won't run

1|0
    0|0
    • I used a setting spray once and it didn't work. Any recommendations?

• there are "setting sprays" you can use.

0|0
    0|0
    • are there any brands you would recommend? and would it also keep the brows on? i fill them in with a pencil.