How did you pay for college?

What methods did you use to pay for your college tuition, dorm, and basic necessities altogether or alternatively, how the hell do I pay for college?

Most Helpful Girl

• Scholarships and state grants through undergrad and student loans for grad school. The best thing you could do is apply for as many scholarships as you can, collect the money, and save it to pay for grad school if you were planning on staying in school that long.

What Guys Said 23

• I feel blessed but also ashamed to say this but my parents footed the bill... I wish there was something I can do to pay them back... I should pay them back... they really didn't have to do it.

• Grants (financial aid) and I'm going to start applying for a ton of scholarships real soon.

I don't do loans since I hate the burden of knowing I owe money back.
    .

• I haven't started college yet but I'm lucky because my dad will pay 100% of my tuition and I won't have any debt after college

• Well, I went to college in the late 80s and early 90s when it didn't cost an arm, a leg, and your soul. Also, a bach degree meant something... sort of.

I got a scholarship which didn't cover everything, and the rest I paid for by working my tail off.

In this economy, and I'm assuming you are living in the U. S., asker, I would suggest you look into grants and student loans.

• Don't parents pay for school and college? I mean, in india pretty much everyone's parents pay for it. Some take a loan.

• I went to tech school on grants and loans, then once I got a job I made them pay for college. Yeah, I didn't get the "dorm" experience, but it saved me about $50 grand.

• working through college, I went to a community college and was fortunate to live at home during college.. so I missed out on some college experiences but graduated debt free

• Loans... duh.

• Education (schools, colleges, universities etc) is free in my country as long as you pass entry exams :P

• financial aid and student loans... mind you I'm still going through college but still...

• I work and pay for things like textbooks/workbooks right away. Took out a student loan to pay for tuition fees.

I tend to put a couple hundred of dollars aside monthly to pay off my loans in the future.

• Scholarships. But I did have to pay 1k/year for meal points which unfortunately weren't free.

• Student loans and I worked full time while going to school full time to pay it down as quickly as possible.

• My parents

• well i got a tution waiver and lived at home..

• What is a tuition waiver and how do I get one?

• they waive ur tution.. lol and u can't get it my parents worked at the college so it was part of the his benifit to his "dependents" to waive tution. so basically any non student job get its at at least at my univeristy. that can mean from a janitor to a mechaniic, to a professor

• Wow thats cool, but it sucks for me. Ah well, its ok

• I started a business, LIKE A SMART PERSON WOULD, and paid off my loans

• How long does it usually take to pay off loans and how many did you take, if you dont mind me asking?

• I only took out one student loan for 5k because my business was making money

• I'll pay from my university fee from my own earnings inshAllah.

• My dad pays everything

• My dad's paying

• Well work and loans

• Scholarships, grants through financial aid.. stopped going to school and currently working saving up money so I can go back to school since the rest will be out of pocket.

• student loans which I completely paid off about 6 months ago. (with a lot of help from my mom.)

• I have a $30,000 a year scholarship and that's just half. Ridiculous ik. I'll be taking like $12,000 in loans a year and paying the rest out of pocket

• Oh. My. God. Just HALF? Man, your the shiznit
      🙌

• Yeah a broke shiznit

What Girls Said 13

• School is free in my country if you have the right qualifications. We used to get money every month, but due to money savings by the government, we have to loan money with very low interest. You have to pay the books, where you live etc, but you could also stay with your parents.

For university, I'm going to stay with my parents for a year or half a year. Just to be sure. Then I want to live in a student house in Amsterdam. Luckily my parents will pay for living and books, but I will also work so I can pay my food. I probably have to loan too...

• I'm very lucky to live in a country that has things in place to assist older people with education. I went to college when I was 25 and got the course paid for and I also got a small living allowance. I also worked at weekends and holidays to make it up and was very fortunate that my partner was willing to help support me while I was doing it too.

Normally though, for University, people get student loans and then sometimes work too.

• Parents footed basically the entire bill. :)

• I had a combination of student loans, scholarships, and grants to pay for both of my degrees. Of course, I'll be paying back those loans for a long time to come...

• I'm getting my first 2 years of college free (dual credit program run by the state).
    My grandpa's paying for my Bachelors through Masters with money he made through the stock market.
    So in the end I'm not really paying for anything but I'm extremely thankful that my family cares about my education so much.

• Donated my blood until I dropped unconscious for the next 2 to 8 months

Jk

Student loans, scholarships and bursaries and a whole lotta begging

• Grants and loans.

• I'm going to be a freshman this fall...

70% my parents
    20% scholarship/loans
    10% me

• My parents pay everything (and in my country going to college doesn't cost that much)

• My boyfriend paid.

• Ihave never had a boyfriend, so having a guy pay for anything, even a cheeseburger, has never happened to me. But that is really neat that he paid for your education.

• student loans

• ALL student loans. No grants or scholarship?

• yup... and some bursaries but I come from a family who really can't afford to pay for school

• I worked as a call girl. So did a lot of my sorority sisters. It allows you to make money for college while living a lavish lifestyle. Rich buissness men paid for everything.

• After passing the ASVAB test, I am going to join the air force after high school therefore i can get free college tuition and everything else including housing, medical insurance, and etc