What does it feel like to be ugly?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not good. I always get girls acting really rude to me. I haven't had a date in years. I haven't had a girlfriend in almost a decade. I have to look in the mirror, and I never feel good about it. It takes me a while to get cleaned up enough, and then I go out, and I'm still ugly, no matter how much effort I put into it. I feel incredibly awkward most of the time. I'm tired of it. I can't find work. I can barely talk to women. When I do talk to them, if I try to show some interest, it's thrown in my face. I can tell that a girl isn't interested - they don't really talk to me.

I know that the only girls I've dated have only lasted as long as they did (which wasn't very long at all) because they thought I was rich or that I'd take their bad behavior (neither is true). They dated me in spite of my appearance. I rarely got compliments from any of them.

I went to a singles event, and at the end, I wanted to die. I hid in the back and barely said anything; I'd go up to people, and they'd move away, and shut me out. I try to go out and meet people, and I end up feeling terrible at the end. Like the whole evening was a total waste. That's most of the time. I want to be more social, but most "shut me out" of the group.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 16

• I constantly have to warn people...

40.media.tumblr.com/...lxm2qtpnq71qkf86go1_500.png

• 0|4
  • Its like sending photos to female friends that you've met online because they want to see how you look... click...

"and? What do you think?"

"you look... cool..."

2 days later blocked on everything lol

• Well, I have a friend with FAS. He's told me it's pretty awful. He feels that he is left out from a great many things, sex and love among them. My brother's friend, who died recently, had osteogenesis imperfecta. She was very disfigured. She died a 50 something year old virgin. Although she could not walk, she frequently told my brother she wished she could find love. She never said "I wish I could walk." That tells you how powerful it is.

• Again@ bluemax that last part is the core of everything in this love game and people take it for granted, pretty people don't even know that world.

• Not great. I felt incredibly insecure about everything, regardless of whether or not my looks were even relevant.

• For a guy, it means a hot girl is like a billion dollars. They exist but you can't have them😢 computer says no. That's why I am such a supporter of prostitution. It helps ugly guys get laid.

• you also have ugly girls who are also feeling alone.

• @cristiana
      Why do people assume that ugly people are perfectly content to be with other ugly people? The same forces in evolution that make people seem attractive or unattractive are at work in everyone. Would you like the prospect of kissing someone you find ugly? What makes you think ugly people are different?

Simply telling the ugly that there's always other ugly people out there doesn't seem to me to be any sort of a solution. Ugly people find other ugly people just as unappealing as anyone else. Better to make yourself attractive, which is usually possible.

• @bluemax well said. Everything you said is true and grates the shit out of me. I have been patronised all my life with that.

• I'm not sure. I don't feel I am that ugly, so I couldn't tell ya.

• It doesn't feel very good

• Luckily i am average but can't stand with people who don't accept it.

• What do you mean, "who don't accept it?"

• I have seen people who will saylike 'i am ugly and i dont want to live' or something like that they destroyed their self esteem on the other hand i have seen some ugly people but dont care it... they see themselves like other, they made their lifes and happy now

• Understood.

• My username should be a clue

• It feels great! I
    luv being ugly

• Eh, it's not so bad

• Nobody is ugly. God has made a partner for everyone.

• Yes, there are people who are almost universally thought of as physically unattractive. Nowhere in the Bible does it say "nobody is ugly," nor does it say "God has made a partner for everyone."

I knew a good number of people who were physically deformed while growing up. Most of them are dead now, and almost all of them died virgins. Do you wish to have us believe it has nothing to do with their deformities? If God made them partners, then why did they die alone?

• It feels terrible. And if you are shy on top of that, it means a lifetime of loneliness.

• I don't know if i am but I've been single for ever so its sad and lonely.

• What are you doing to find someone?

• You ask many people out. You understand that rejection is the norm and you keep on truckin.

• i have anxiety and depression issues so thats a challenge and I'm pretty picky but, ty

• alone

...

What Girls Said 12

• It's awful, you constantly feel insecure. Wishing you were actually pretty, but knowing you'll never be.

• I assume that it is very sad if you are a man. If you are an uglyish woman there is hope because of cosmetics

• I usually think uglyish women still look uglyish with cosmetics. They look colorfully uglyish.

• Like there's no point living almost.

• If that's you in your profile pic, then you are not at all ugly. Quite the contrary.

However, would you consider that there maybe are reasons to live, even if one is ugly?

• @Bluemax Thanks, but I do feel ugly, and I'm not ok with it, that's why I feel like that. I don't know how it is for other people, there are people who don't care that they're ugly and can enjoy their life regardless, it's admirable. Of course there can be reasons to live.

• It feels sucky as fuck.

• Its a beautiful feeling!!!
    #imUglyandProud...
    Down to the grown
    ;)

• Well nothing special, you just aren't as comfortable and confident around others. I think there is a a bit of jelousy inside you. But that is just me.

• It isn't a great feeling. You constantly pick at yourself and envy other people and their traits. I have annoyed and driven away many friends because I constantly compared myself to others until it was practically sickening. Overall it sucks.

• It fucking sucks booty

• I wouldn't know.. blessed with great genes that I take for granted at times

• wtf are you commenting then? to feel superior with your genes?

• @scrambled thanks I agree. It has a ring to it.

• maybe if you weren't you would feel!

• i think it would feel ugly

• It feels like you're always second choice, as if someone would only want you because they have a point to prove or a promise to keep.

• i wouldn't know.