Has anyone else gone through something like this? Any advice?

I've been swimming since I was little but only started swimming competitively 2 years ago. I joined a club team near me and at first I had a lot of fun. I moved up a squad and the coach ended up being horrible. I thought when I moved to the high school group id be fine but I've been really unhappy. I get ignored because I'm not very fast compared to everyone else, my teammates are rude to me and I'm injured. I've started to dread practice everyday and it's really exhausting. Today I told my coach I'm quitting, along with my best friend on the team. I've put so much time and effort into it so it's especially hard. I wanted to get a scholarship for swimming but it's obvious I'm not at that level. I can already tell I'm going to miss it but at the same time it's not a good team. The coaches slack off and only care about a few people. I'm thinking of trying water polo and if I don't like it I'll swim at a different team, but there seems to be no good ones. Any advice from former or currentathletes?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• If you love swimming, don't stop because of that crappy situation.. Find a better team and coach, and definitely try water polo. It isn't everyone's cup of tea, it's difficult but it is so fun and you could turn out loving it as well :)