Should I even vote?

I can vote next presidential election but live in a state where are vote is worth 2 points and most people don't vote also my state always votes the same way every election

Most Helpful Guy

• The only thing being registered to vote does is make you have to show up for jury duty. If an election ever comes down to one vote you can be sure it will be decided by judges and lawyers, not you.

• Once upon a time, there was an old man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach every morning before he began his work. Early one morning, he was walking along the shore after a big storm had passed and found the vast beach littered with starfish as far as the eye could see, stretching in both directions.

Off in the distance, the old man noticed a small boy approaching. As the boy walked, he paused every so often and as he grew closer, the man could see that he was occasionally bending down to pick up an object and throw it into the sea. The boy came closer still and the man called out, “Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?”

The young boy paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean. The tide has washed them up onto the beach and they can’t return to the sea by themselves,” the youth replied. “When the sun gets high, they will die, unless I throw them back into the water.”

• The old man replied, “But there must be tens of thousands of starfish on this beach. I’m afraid you won’t really be able to make much of a difference.”

The boy bent down, picked up yet another starfish and threw it as far as he could into the ocean. Then he turned, smiled and said, “It made a difference to that one!”

What Girls Said 3

• you are 16? you can;t vote. But when you can you should always vote, voter apathy makes things easier for the politicians you hate because that's one less person voting against them!!

• He'll be 18 by the next election apparently.

• Fine be an apathetic little shit it's your own problem, don't whine when you hate the person who wins!

• Lol idc who wins

• No, it's dumb. They rig the election so our votes don't matter anyway.

• VOTE!! Unless you're republican xD then no

What Guys Said 4

• A vote that you don't make is the same as a vote for the winner. If you don't like the winner and didn't vote, you're partly to blame.

• Ask - you don't have zero effect: you have one vote.

Last year there were about 227 million registered voters. You say that one vote is a small drop in a huge bucket? Well, only 81 million of those people actually went to the polls and cast a vote (about 36% of them).

That means 145 million people could have voted and didn't. That's a shitload of drops in the bucket. Think about it: 145 million people decided to check out and leave the decision to 81 million. That's like being on a jury for an important trial and 8 people just decide to let the other 4 people figure it out.

Those who don't vote get the government they deserve.

• If you don't vote, then you have no right to complain. I'd vote who you think is best - nothing else matters.

• You're only hurting yourself if you don't, so I suggest you vote.

• You should always vote. Even if your voting system is dumb (that's an entirely different problem), you lose the right to complain about anything if you don't vote.

• So i Should vote even though it would have 0 effect?

• Yes.

If you don't like the voting system then do something about it, but like I said, that an entirely separate issue.